Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Mag Pouch Issue

ES13Raven

I have been having trouble with getting my mags out of the mag pouches during a match.

I switched over to a CZ from a Glock 34. I really liked the Comp-Tac holster and twin mag pouch that I used with my G34, so I ordered a set for my CZ SP-01.

The holster is working fine, but the mags will bind unless they are pulled straight up. I was reloading on the move during a match and pulled so hard that the entire twin mag pouch came off my belt.

I wear a CR Speed EDC belt, which does not have much give. It keeps the angle of the mag pouch slightly inward. I also have a Wilderness Instructor belt, and the issue is not as bad but still happens.

If the mags are pulled at a slight angle (any direction), they will not come out. If they are pulled straight up, they come out fine. This is not a adjustment screw issue, as they come out very easy straight up.

I never had this issue with the Glock mags. I'm guessing because they are plastic and the Mec-Gar mags are metal.

The obvious answer is to re-train myself to pull the mags straight up, but I would rather adjust the equipment if I can.

Is this just a CompTac issue, or does anyone else find this with other brands?

Anything I can do to the mags or pouch that will fix this?

Forgot to say that I shoot IDPA and Production, so mag pouches need to be legal for both.

I think that philosophy will be really limiting in USPSA. I went that same route for a while. Now I have a uspsa rig with good stuff where I want it that I can get to quickly, and when I shoot idpa, I still use the old double mag pouch on my regular belt.

Give these a try. I really liked them for my Glock in Production. I'm running some CR Speed pouches for my CZ, but that's because I had them lying around. If not, I would have given serious thought to the Ready Tactical pouches.

http://cpwsa.com/collections/magazine-pouches/products/ready-tactical-pistol-mag-pouch

Ghost pouches are smooth no matter how you pull the mag out and inexpensive

I don't think Ghost pouches are legal either:

"Question:

Are the Ghost 360 magazine pouches which carry magazines in a “bullets out” configuration

allowed in IDPA?

Answer:

No. “Bullets out” magazine pouches protrude from the belt considerably more than normal

magazine carriers and are not suitable for all day carry."

I guess the Ghost pouches are legal if you use the standard configuration?

Edit: Maybe not:

"8.6.2. Magazine Carrier Rules - Magazine carriers must:

8.6.2.4. Cover the entire outer face of the portion of the magazine inside the carrier. The outer face is the side away from the shooter’s body."

lK5rayqm.jpg?1

Edited by ES13Raven

I have run the exact comptac pouches you have and here is what i did. and i have the exact same belts you have.

-run them as loose as possible and still keep mags in while running.

-ArmorAll the inside of them before every match

-take a file and bevel the forward edge of the mag pouch as much as possible. mine is about a 45 degree angle over 1/4 an inch.

-wear your pants a little lower and your belt a little snugger.

Forgot to say that I shoot IDPA and Production, so mag pouches need to be legal for both.

An IDPA-legal rig will slow you down in USPSA. Plus, a USPSA rig on a double-belt system makes it stupid fast to gear up for dry fire.

• 3 weeks later...