Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Doublestar Blue Ridge Mountain 3-Gun Oct 15-17, 2015 at Rockcastle

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul and I had a great time seeing Nick at the the DoubleStar booth during the NRA Convention in Nashville last month. If you haven't attended an NRA convention, I recommend going. While the organization may not be as active judicially as some of us would like, the NRA is the largest and most successful lobbying organization for gun rights. It was interesting to note the politicians who made an appearance this year.

Anyway, the reason for this post is that the 2015 BRM3G stages are posted at BRM3G.COM. The round count is about average. After a less strenuous match last year, I think there is a stage or two that should get your heart rate up this time.

There are a few slots left if you haven't entered yet.

See you in October!

Andy

Stage 2 ...I wonder who will RO Stage 2... :surprise:

Follow the RO’s directions exactly and quickly. You are required to listen closely to the RO as we move through the stage. Excessive questions will not be allowed. Rapid movement will be required while maintaining formation and control of your rifle and shotgun muzzle. Failure to follow directions quickly, and/or failure to keep up with the Range Officer while moving...

While we have have someone planned for stage 2, who would you suggest?

I'm thinking...Who runs and talks kinda sssslllloooow?

But wait... is it better to have a slow moving RO so I can keep up....or a quick mover so we don't time out?

I tell you what....set'em up and I'll shoot'em...that is the extent of my stage plan at this time. :)

I figured Scott would be running stage 2. Would you want to test the "don't ask to many questions" with him? I wouldn't...

Or Nancy. I KNOW I don't want to test it with Nancy!!

Edited by New4John

• 4 weeks later...

To paraphrase one of my favorite poets-

I'm so excited

I just can't fight it.

I'm about to loose control

And I think I like it.

Can't wait for October! The stages look longer, harder, higher round count than last years. Awesome!

I hope the stages are fun this year. There are several minor physical challenges, one that is somewhat optional, and one that is a long run and gun stage. Sorry your going to miss it gose! I think that's two years in a row!

The standards stage is back and includes your shotgun this year. The overall distance is shorter this year because of where the stage is located. Nancy is scheduled here, so there won't be much for us to worry about!!

The Task Force Dagger Foundation Side Shoot will be located at Stage 2 also. It is a 'know your limits' stage with a Lewis system payback, and plenty of bragging rights that will accompany your scores. You can shoot it as often as you like.

• Registration will be Wednesday afternoon (hours will posted sometime later).
  • Friday evening we are planning on having the band back.
  • Saturday evening DoubleStar is sponsoring our dinner which will end with the TFD Auction. Over the years, our sponsors and shooters have helped us raise several thousand dollars for our wounded soldiers. Let's continue to show our appreciation by welcoming them to the match and by participating in the auction and raffle. I'm sure many of you remember the TFD shooters that you met and shot with over the past few years. If you haven't already read this article by SGM (Ret) Chuck Yerry, please take the time to do so in order to get his take on the importance of the Task Force Dagger Foundation.

See you in October!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

But wait... is it better to have a slow moving RO so I can keep up....or a quick mover so we don't time out?

I tell you what....set'em up and I'll shoot'em...that is the extent of my stage plan at this time. :)

I'm thinking about stage 2 as well. Limited to 25 rifle rounds. I wonder if one needs all 25, or one just cannot have more than 25. Guess that's what pockets are for when you shoot in multiples of 8.

I'm thinking about stage 2 as well. Limited to 25 rifle rounds. I wonder if one needs all 25, or one just cannot have more than 25. Guess that's what pockets are for when you shoot in multiples of 8.

Bob,

I've seen some 5 round en bloc clips for that General Patton approved rifle you shoot.

The greatest 3 Gun implement ever devised...

The greatest 3 Gun implement ever devised...

Unless it is for real, at night and a guy with a bayonet is coming at you a few yards away.

You better have your thumb in the right place on the enbloc and don't take the time to look thru the peep sight.

It may be that I just march to a different drummer, but the old girl just screams to be taken out of the bays and into her natural environment. Either way, I'll be having a blast!

It may be that I just march to a different drummer, but the old girl just screams to be taken out of the bays and into her natural environment. Either way, I'll be having a blast!

I agree!!!!!!!!

I love shooting mine in two and three gun matches.

Bob,

On Stage 2 you will shoot 7, 3, 3, 3, 3, and 6 rounds of rifle from different distances and positions. Just remember to reload as needed!!! Also, tell the ROs you'll be needing to so.

See you there!

• 1 month later...

I'm wondering, is it OK to plug my shotgun magazine to hold 8? I read somewhere a spent hull under the cap would work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Long tubes have always been OK. just plug them so they only hold the prescribed number of rounds.

I chickened out this year and decided to just pay the match fee instead of RO this go around, I'm lucky to be alive after missing my wedding anniversary to RO in 2013. I won't know what to do with myself shooting only 3 stages a day.

Andy and Paul, I'm the other Eskew, just to clear up any confusion.

Semper Fi