Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Latest Holster Rule

Joe D

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot with 3 clubs locally and have shot with 2 of these since the revised revision of the new rule book hit the stands. For the ones who have worked hard to get the local clubs going, the new rule book has been a real heartbreaker. Morale is low, and the more HQ just lets these issues flap in the breeze, the worse it's gonna get.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I do see the local clubs here consolidating the classification duties as a service for those who want to shoot sanctioned matches and then running the rest of the local matches "IDPA" or "FUN" style. just $.02

I got this from Blade-tech on 1 Feb 05:

Hello,

According to Bill Wilson the injection molded belt holster are IDPA Legal.

However it has to meet the 3/4" rule.

Bobby Mcgee

bobby@blade-tech.com

Customer Service Manager/ Tech support

yea but my UM holster meets the 3/4" rule

but you can see a little day light :angry:

Todd :wacko:

Glock 2234, on the ladies rules, I think that they dropped the hour glass figure statement from the new rules. I always wondered who had enough balls to tell a woman with a gun that she had to wear her holster like a man because she didn't have an hour glass figure in the first place. Talk about living dangerously.

Clay 1,

You wrote. "I spoke to Comp-Tac yesterday and even though his speed holster should meet the new rules." Is the locking paddle the speed holster you are writing about? I talked to Greg earlier in this fiasco and would like to give him time to build holsters and not respond to a question that he just answered..

Rick

On the top of pg 30 in the final rule book:

"ALL VERISIONS OF THE IWB STYLE HOLSTER ARE APPROVED FOR IDPA COMPETITION."

So all you have to do is wear another pair of pants and another belt ontop of your current holster and it magically becomes an IWB. :D

GAMER! ! ! ! ! !..........You gonna get a FTR. ;)

POed cause I didn't think of it first. <_<

Tony, you could borrow my pants for that little project. You'll have plenty of room for you gun. And a much bigger gun. And your mags. And Deb. And Rich. And their gear too.

:lol:

Ah.... thats ok Rhino. I think I'll pass. I don't want blamed for loosning the threads in the seams. ;)

I'm just gonna wear Deb's shorts grow my hair long and change my name to Toni. Then I will sign up as a lady and smoke all ya'll.

Ya'll got a Wonder Bra I can buy? I'm gonna need a place to put the tac load. :huh:

Tangram, I wasn't talking about the locking paddle- that one isn't going to make the cut - damn shame too. I was actually talking about the belt holster. He didn't even want to say that this one will make it until it passes a few larger shoots. Strange things happen with new rules. His idea and mine, best to sit tight instead of buying something that isn't going to make it either.

I am in the process of helping a local club start up, and am not really sure how close to the rules we will keep it. I am considering going to higher round count stages with the actual carry rigs, not some silly measurement. I carry a cheap uncle mikes holster and use it for all shooting matches.

I am going to suggest older IDPA style rules for gear. It just seems like they want to fix something that wasn't broke. I will not weigh someones gun to see if it is too heavy, especially it appears stock on the outside.

I actually like the set up for the single stack soc. matches. So it looks like IPSC style stages with IDPA gear and scoring(just because it's easier to score).

Mike

I am in the process of helping a local club start up, and am not really sure how close to the rules we will keep it. I am considering going to higher round count stages with the actual carry rigs, not some silly measurement. I carry a cheap uncle mikes holster and use it for all shooting matches.

I am going to suggest older IDPA style rules for gear. It just seems like they want to fix something that wasn't broke. I will not weigh someones gun to see if it is too heavy, especially it appears stock on the outside.

I actually like the set up for the single stack soc. matches. So it looks like IPSC style stages with IDPA gear and scoring(just because it's easier to score).

Mike

Mike, You might want to look at this

TACTICAL SHOOTING ASSOCIATION