Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shipping ammo to host hotel

I will be shooting the Area 2 match this year in Az. My problem is the the airline regulations will only allow me to travel with 10lbs of all ( app 250 rounds 180gr .40 ) which is not enough for the match . My question is , has anyone shipped to the host hotel . If so did how did you go about it. Thanks in advance . Kevin

Typically, you can ship to Accuracy Speaks which is located at the range.

I realize NY is different but in the past I have been able to ship more than 10lbs of ammo. Often I locate the ammo in two different bags. But again the same airline do things differently in each state.

One of the close hotels is use to having shooters stay there, call them and ask. Of course the hotel in question has raised its rates by $60 because of the match.

I do know people who have shipped ammunition in flat rate boxes through the post office. They claim that since they were not in the business of shipping such things, they were completely unaware of any rules regarding such things.

Not saying you should do this mind you. Just relating an anecdote.

Another possible option....I have traveled extensively with firearms and ammo and I have yet to have an airline weigh my ammo. Not to jinx you, but I wouldn't have any problem putting 500 rounds in my suitcase were I in your shoes.

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I have done in the past is send ammo via UPS addressed to myself care of a UPS store in the area I was going to.

My wife tried to return some ammo via a UPS Store once. When the clerk asked what was in it and she told him, he actually took a step back from the counter and said, "Oh! We can't ship that here!" I guess he thought the act of knowing it was ammo would make it explode on the counter or something. Like it was Schrödinger's ammo. :ph34r:

One thing I have done in the past is send ammo via UPS addressed to myself care of a UPS store in the area I was going to.

My wife tried to return some ammo via a UPS Store once. When the clerk asked what was in it and she told him, he actually took a step back from the counter and said, "Oh! We can't ship that here!" I guess he thought the act of knowing it was ammo would make it explode on the counter or something. Like it was Schrödinger's ammo. :ph34r:

UPS does have "Quantum View" :roflol: