Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Team open gun .38 Super or 9mm?

mwc

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are just recoil springs measured in kg instead of lb. Generally you get a "light, medium and heavy" with the medium in the gun. It won't hurt to try them and see if you like it.

Yes I guessed 115gn might be too light to make pf with 3n37. They might with wac though.

Most importantly how did it shoot? Since there are no over pressure signs I'd try a hotter load too.

I don't personally run the 115s. In ipsc (global) rules the min bullet weight for open major is 120gn. Hence the popularity of 121 and 124gn pills. In uspsa rules 115s are ok and are the pill of choice. So I don't have a 115 wac load for you. But I think you're better off trying 124s anyway either with wac or 3n37.

Remember my gold team is in 38 super. I don't know anyone running a 9major gold team.

If you do a little snooping in the 9mm reloafing section there'll be plenty of 9mm wac 124gn loads for czechmate and 2011. They will give you some guide. But really your only option is start loading some up and running them over a chrono. :)

Yah I'm using 124 I'm just curious about the 115. What's your load on 124 on wac?

WAC is just about the fastest powder I'd feel comfortable loading to major in a 9mm and I'm not sure you can get enough in the case to make it with a 115gr bullet in the Gold Team; I suspect it will take ~8gr under a 124gr bullet to get you there.

I would also suggest trying a 135gr bullet, it would be a little unusual, but so is a 9mm Open gun with 12 holes in the barrel; a heavier bullet would allow you to use a slower burning powder which should be a little softer (maybe ~7.5gr of HS6 under a 135).

I was told by AA that a good load for the Czechmate (9Major) is 6.6 WAC, 124gr bullet, with a OAL of 1.156. That was a CMJ/FMJ type bullet. I normally use HS6 so I'm going to work up a load for that.

Playing with the chamber this past weekend, it looks like I can only go 1.137 with a MG 124 JHP. I haven't tested the loads yet but will be tomorrow.

Remember to work up slow and do not start at the listed weights.

Edited by gng4life

What does it mean by 5,37 and 6,15?

It shoots pretty snappy and accurate. I love it. I used it last Sunday for a match. I'm still adjusting with the sight ttough. Looking for the red dot. Lol.

Europe uses a comma where we would use a decimal; 5,37 is the same as 5.37.

5.37kg is around 11.83lbs (5.37x2.204)

6.15kg is around 13.55lbs

I was told by AA that a good load for the Czechmate (9Major) is 6.6 WAC, 124gr bullet, with a OAL of 1.156. That was a CMJ/FMJ type bullet. I normally use HS6 so I'm going to work up a load for that.

Playing with the chamber this past weekend, it looks like I can only go 1.137 with a MG 124 JHP. I haven't tested the loads yet but will be tomorrow.

Are you loading for a Czechmate or a Gold Team? You can expect 10% less velocity with the Gold Team.

Are you loading for a Czechmate or a Gold Team? You can expect 10% less velocity with the Gold Team.

Czechmate, just giving a reference to hopefully help some.

Does any one know where I can buy an extra tanfoglio Gold custom 9mm barrel? Please share this e link. Thanks

What exactly are you looking for? Just a longer barrel that you can have a comp put on? A barrel with popple holes and a comp already put on it?

I think he's looking for the spare GT barrel with no holes right?

2nd%20Gold%20Team%20Barrel.jpg

I looked for a long time and never found one, then got one in 38 and turned it into this:

1027141321a_zpsb7a17a2d.jpg

I'm actually glad it is 38 because its given me the freedom to drill more holes (the little comp leaves much to be desired).

Edited by kneelingatlas