Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chic (Hwansik) Kim

hwansikcjswo

Well, just to throw my meaning in.

You should measure the longer chamber of those two pistols and then ream the other one to this longer length.

And anyhow, my German is much better than my English and waaaaaaaaaaay better than my Korean.

:blush:

agreed. :) that should solve the problem.

I'm guessing if your shadow was worked on by CZC it has had the chamber reamed. SP01 may be shorter. I could be backwards though...

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found my shadow safety is not working properly. The safety only engages when the hammer is half cocked.

Before I changed out my sear and hammer, it'd work when the hammer is half / full cocked.

Does anyone know if that may DQ me at a major match?

Edited by hwansikcjswo

Sounds like you may need to fit the safety lever to the sear you have in it now. If so, you simply work on the new sear leg. Dont file the safety lever.

Do you have a CGW adjustable sear? Those just require moving the set screw.

you would not be DQ'd and it would not move you to open (even in open the primary safety must be functional, after all most starts are cocked and locked). The gun would be deemed unsafe at which point you have 3 options:

1, do what is needed to make it safe (ie fix the safety and have it re-examined)

2, switch to a backup gun (assuming it's also production approved and the change is allowed by the MD you'd still be in production).

3, pack up and go home.

So yes, I would suggest even though we basically don't use the safety in production it does have to be working. There are plenty of guides around on how to fit the sear/safety to function.

I went out to the range today. I felt worn out from 4 days a week of training which started 2 weeks ago. I over complicated my LF difficulty So I shot easy drills todaY. I have not done drills for more than a month. However, I shot the best records today. Bill drill, dot drill and 4 aces.

I feel like I know how to shoot a 'little bit' now. The better technique I have, I feel I need to be mentally ready as well..

The key of consistency is ,of course DF, from mental. I feel mental strength comes from discipline.

Now, 1 week from Area 1. I am very exited. It will be my first level 3 match.

I am not planning on how many alphas or ranks I will get. I am planning to be myself.

I shot a local match. It was my first match after I changed my load from BBI 147 with hp38 to Xtreme 147 TG.

I am planning on switching to 124gr xtreme right now or after Area 1.

It was horrible match in the beginning. I started getting back in the game and got used to the load and the recoil. I had some feeding issue for the first rounds and the last rounds from the mag. I am planning on switching to 124gr xtreme right now or after Area 1.

My CZ shadow trigger wouldn't go to double action from SA unless I push it back to DA. It started after I changed my hammer and sear.

The whole match, I felt I am dumber than before. Lead poisoning? :( I don't know. I was not really engaged to the game today.

Maybe I am having a bad match today to have better match for Area 1.

I am leaving in 3 days to Area 1. My first Lv 3 match. I am exited to travel with my fiance. We are going to stop by Yellow stone park as well :D

Edited by hwansikcjswo

I shot a local match. It was my first match after I changed my load from BBI 147 with hp38 to Xtreme 147 TG.

It was horrible match in the beginning. I started getting back in the game and got used to the load and the recoil. I had some feeding issue for the first rounds and the last rounds from the mag. I am planning on switching to 124gr xtreme right now or after Area 1.

My CZ shadow trigger wouldn't go to double action from SA unless I push it back to DA. It started after I changed my hammer and sear.

The whole match, I felt I am dumber than before. Lead poisoning? :( I don't know. I was not really engaged to the game today.

I am leaving in 3 days to Area 1. My first Lv 3 match. I am exited to travel with my fiance. We are going to stop by Yellow stone park as well :D

Is the magazine release spring screw tightened all the way? Try to tighten it.

Is the magazine release spring screw tightened all the way? Try to tighten it.

Thank you! It worked!! now it works flawlessly!!

simple fix :D

I came back from Area 1.

Shooting 13 stages is so much fun! However, experiencing 20 degree temperature was exhausting. It was very hot day.

The first stage was good points with some mental hikups. I didn't have walk-thru meticulously for couple stages but it was very good start since I called every shots.

The whole match, I felt I slowed down A LOT. maybe took too much time to ensure my shots. My time was consistently 3 seconds slower than JJ.

I am going to Score my ACED at matches from now. So I can wisely program my training.

Accuracy- 9

Consistency -8

Efficiency - 4

Discipline - 8

My training before nats will be focused on Efficiency while maintaining shooting discipline.

I am really satisfied with my result. Although I shot very conservative, thank God I won some prize :).
I have faced something so new to me like port shutting down, new activated targets etc,. I shot 2 Mikes and 2 Deltas the whole match. In order to shoot very clean, I think I need more experience and good judgement on stage tactics.
I am going back to my training again.

Thanks guys! It was great time with great people at Area 1.

I made a split screen vid, me vs JJ.

Now I know where the difference comes from.

At the match, I lacked lots of efficiency. My strategy was to shoot good points. There were some stages I could have shot while moving. It gave me very conservative stage plans and as a result, I was 23 seconds slower than JJ. We shot very similar points.

I had a brain fart on the first stage but my goal was to see the sight. The front sight looked very different under the desert sunshine. It was very yellow and bright front sight because It is plain cut w/o serration

I feel that I can shoot good hits on targets. Now is the time to bump up my Efficiency level.

My Goal for the rest of this year and next year will be focusing on increasing my E. How? Let's study how.

First I am going to start on shooting on the move where I can ensure A hits. (@<10 yrds)

This Nationals, I will still focus on making all the shots. Next Nats, I want to see Efficiency coming out. Actually I want to see All ACED above 8/10 points.