Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chic (Hwansik) Kim

hwansikcjswo

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! that's a great saying. :)

Comparing me vs JJ / 1 yr shooter vs 20 yr shooter, I was glad I am not God. but I was also glad that God helped me and helping me :)

Seriously, you did a great job and comparing yourself to others ahead of you in ability is the best way to improve. That old saying "dress for the job you want, not the one you have." Same type of thing.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

At practice yesterday, I shot a load I absolutely loved.

It was 124gr HP Tg(3.9gr). Very accurate, the recoil is good and the sight comes back to the perfect alignment after a shot.

HOWEVER... It's only 127pf. I am going to bump up .1gr and see how it works. I don't want anything under 130pf for major match chrono reason...

I loaded 147gr for the nats. I am definitely switching out to 124 to save some money.

Anyone recommendation for 9mm minor load? I only care about accuracy and cost :D

Edited by hwansikcjswo

practiced some shooting on the move. It was one of the most fun practice. I bet open guy have way more fun than production shooters :D

All the runs that day, I shot good points with occasional 1-3 Cs. The difficulty of targets were very low

Edited by hwansikcjswo

Thanks guys. getting sponsored sounds great but I am moving over to Stock 2 when I get hold of one with good price... ppl. are selling it at a crazy price for it these days.

I've got extreme parts for it. I need the gun though :D

Edited by hwansikcjswo

I bumped up my aggression level today at the match.

I see improvements on my movements.

Changing out my bullets to 124gr was good choice I think. I like it better. However, i am shooting 147 for nats cuz I've loaded it already.

One stage I lost mag, another stage I had a dead primer. it was detrimental to the result of the match.

My new style of 180 transition seems to work well at a match and practice as well, it was proven to be faster than my old style.

Since I shot this classifier 100%, I should be at 94.8%. GM card is not coming this month.

My shooting overall was ok. but the first stage I dropped 8 Cs. Other than that, I shot 93% of total points.

it looks like you went to the line on that stage with 1 mag in the gun and only 2 or 3 mags on the belt? Bad habit.

In production with 10 rounds per mag I suggest 5 pouches - 6 mags. Always start (where you can) with 11 rounds in the gun and 5 full mags on the belt. Sure it feels silly on a 8 round classifier to step to the line with 6 full mags but it's about routine. you never know when a mag will fail, fall out of a pouch, or some other malfunction. 6 mags, 10 rounds in each, every time you step to the line. :)

after a stage I unload every mag (used or not). Then reload each with 10 rounds, put all 6 back in my bag (no point carrying around 6 full mags while pasting/brass picking). They are then ready to go for the next stage. Don't let anything interrupt the routine of going back to your back, unloading and reloading the mags. It's easy to get distracted then step to the line later with half full mags.....

well I'd say you are already a better shooter than me, but I can hopefully at least help you with the benefit of my experience. :)

oh, and make sure you really like the shape of the tanfoglio better in the hand.

if you have large hands perhaps try these grips on your shadow: http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ-SCALES-BLACK-CZBLK001.htm

As you know I have both CZ shadows (2 of them. 1 regular shadow and one 'shadow orange' with lots of work done), and a tanfoglio stock II and a stock II extreme on the way.

In some ways I believe the CZ is a better package. The tanfoglio has a nicer frame and is heavier (especially mine which is the aus version with 4.75inch slide/barrel/frame vs 4.5inch you guys get) but I've never been able to get my tanfoglio trigger as nice as my CZ. to me, shooting fast a nice trigger is important.

My biggest advantage of the tanfoglio for me was the grip shape and the checkering. Having now put the SSI Scales grips on my CZ I really like the grip as much as my tanfoglio.

bear in mind I have large hands (but from pics I think you have fairly large hands/long fingers too).

I have tried on my CZ:

CZ rubber grips

Houge finger mould grips

CZC thin aluminiun checker grips

CZ medium aluminium checker grips

CZ lemon graters

ebay plastic checkerd grips (thick)

Double Alpha thick aluminium skate tape grips (thickest of all the alloy grips)

But the best up till now was the factory rubber (though the ugliest!). I love the new scales.

On the tanfoglio I tried:

factory wood grips (old style)

EG extreme grips

tanfoglio rubber grips

henning checkered grips

henning smooth grips (with grip tape over them)

tanfoglio gold custom aluminium grips

To be honest the best was probably the factory wood or the henning with grip tape. I'm looking forward to trying scales on my tanfoglio too.

Luckily it seems prices on 9mm stock II are coming down. Lots of guys in the tanfoglio forum posting deals between $900 and $1000 for new stock II 9mm which seems a good price.

You will probably like the tanfoglio, but don't write off the CZ too easily. The reason Eric G shoots a tanfoglio is he gets paid to. Sure Ben shoots one, but he shot a Berretta for ages so we can't trust his taste!! :)

I know you've had a few problems with your CZ but honestly the tanfoglio is not inherently more reliable than the CZ. With the right maintenance they should both be close to 100% reliable.

oh, and make sure you really like the shape of the tanfoglio better in the hand.

if you have large hands perhaps try these grips on your shadow: http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/CZ-SCALES-BLACK-CZBLK001.htm

Thanks for the comment.

I have tried the scaled grip from my fellow shooter, He's got the scaled grip on his S2. I hated it :(

When I tried Ben's S2 with wooden factory grip, I knew I will move to S2.

I love my CZ, I know how to run it reliably now. However, I have an Accu-shadow, and I want IPSC legal pistol, 2 of them at least, will buy 3rd one day due to the amount of DF I do.

CZ shadow is $1500 from mink, Stock2 is less than $1000 (Xtreme part will make it more expensive though).

I find it is economically beneficial to move to Tanfo S2 and sell Accu-shadow.

I believe CZ and Tanfo will be about the same in terms of performance.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

The new classification update showed me that I need just 1 more 100% classifier. I shot that 100% classifier last Sunday which was not counted at the update.

From my very 1st USPSA match in July 2014, shot Single stack, to production GM. It took 1 year.

I am getting my GM card next month unless something weird happens :D

GM doesn't mean anything to me, but it's exiting thing.

Edited by hwansikcjswo

Congratulations. You did that shooting a Shadow, why are you going to Tanfo? Was it riding with Ben to lunch during the class.

I hope I see you at the Columbia Cascade Sectional. I'm supposed to shoot Friday. But some spots may open Saturday.

Thanks for the comment.

I have tried the scaled grip from my fellow shooter, He's got the scaled grip on his S2. I hated it :(

When I tried Ben's S2 with wooden factory grip, I knew I will move to S2.

I love my CZ, I know how to run it reliably now. However, I have an Accu-shadow, and I want IPSC legal pistol, 2 of them at least, will buy 3rd one day due to the amount of DF I do.

CZ shadow is $1500 from mink, Stock2 is less than $1000 (Xtreme part will make it more expensive though).

I find it is economically beneficial to move to Tanfo S2 and sell Accu-shadow.

I believe CZ and Tanfo will be about the same in terms of performance.

Sounds like you have thought it out well. If the tanfo fits your hands better then that is more than enough reason to go that way. They are no doubt a much nicer looking gun too. :)

Having something ipsc legal makes good sense too. Basically as long as you stick to the xtreme parts for the internals (inc springs) it will be ipsc compliant. Unfortunately in production you can't use henning parts or even other brand recoil springs etc. the good news is tanfoglio offer a range of recoil springs and hammer, trigger, firing pin etc you can get in the xtreme parts.

Enjoy. :)

Congratulations. You did that shooting a Shadow, why are you going to Tanfo? Was it riding with Ben to lunch during the class.

I hope I see you at the Columbia Cascade Sectional. I'm supposed to shoot Friday. But some spots may open Saturday.

Thanks. Im moving to Tanfo for multiple reasons, fits my hand and money, IPSC etc.

I am not gonna be able to shoot CCS this year. I am going to be in Korea with my new bride :D

Hopefully next year, I will shoot CCS :)

Sounds like you have thought it out well. If the tanfo fits your hands better then that is more than enough reason to go that way. They are no doubt a much nicer looking gun too. :)

Having something ipsc legal makes good sense too. Basically as long as you stick to the xtreme parts for the internals (inc springs) it will be ipsc compliant. Unfortunately in production you can't use henning parts or even other brand recoil springs etc. the good news is tanfoglio offer a range of recoil springs and hammer, trigger, firing pin etc you can get in the xtreme parts.

Enjoy. :)

Do you know where to get IPSC legal recoil spring? is there xtreme RS?

I guess wolf RS is not legal.

yes wolf recoil spring is not IPSC legal. though I have a suspicion the tanfoglio brand recoil springs are made by wolf.... who knows.

there are no xtreme recoil springs, but fortunately you can get factory tanfoglio recoil springs in fairly suitable weights.

In the US EAA should have them. If not you can buy direct from shooting god Eric... The lowest he has is 10lb which should be fine with minor loads. something a little lighter might be worth trying for USPSA and run the 10lb factory spring in IPSC. Get an extra one and experiment with cutting a few coils for feel and function. the factory spring it ships with is too heavy.

http://www.ericgrauffelonlineshop.com/en/springs/123-recoil-spring.html

Edited by BeerBaron

OK! I got an email that a S2 was shipped to me. I will get it next week AND! my marriage is next sunday! less than 10 days :D

I am working out and making more ammo.

I will be super busy now... My mom's coming next week from S. Korea, marriage, honeymoon then Nats then visit S. Korea then school starts... :)

I just got back from my bachelor party :D My best man is a pastor... nothing crazy :roflol:

I also shot a match with 7 crazy stages. The most difficult match, hot and again, crazy stages.

I sucked hard on some stages. There was a 32 rounds stage with Norwegian wall with 2 texas star on both sides of the wall.

Even worse, I had a bad primer when I was shooting week-hand on the wall killed my time.

I shot 5B 14Cs the whole match and shot 2Ds 1M on activators , 2 no-shoots on classifier and 1 M on a zebra partial while shooting on the move.

The club had many spots with the shadow and the sun, my sight picture looked different every time.

I see lots of improvements, especially with shooting more As and movement speed. I was able to shoot 2 stages 3 seconds faster than other shooters. However, I still am not satisfied on my performance.

I am getting married in 1 week. Crazy busy... I am not gonna be able to train until the nats.. maybe twice?

I am also changing my load at the last minute to 124 grain. 147gr I loaded for nats tumbles and not good accuracy.

From now on, I will shoot 124grs.

Edited by hwansikcjswo