Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ETR7 ON SALE!

bowenbuilt

looks like it uses about the same load data as Titegroup but from reports is cooler and cleaner. There are some chrono tests with it on Enos already just do a search. I am going by there this morning if I find out anything about who makes it I will report back this afternoon.

Edited by bowenbuilt

When I visited Expansion Industries this morning I was told that ETR7 is NOT a rebottled knock off of someone else's powder. It is a European proprietary powder made for them under their specifications. They did not start out to sell powder but are a ammunition manufacturer. The cheap powder we are able to purchase is an over run of what they are not using. They get 33,000 lbs. at a time and needed some floor space. They are extremely busy and it took a few minutes to flag someone down to even ask a question. There is really no load data on this powder yet but that is coming. For now I was advised to use Titegroup's data. Producing loading data is an expensive endeavor and the capitol to do this with E7 is not there yet, from the looks of all the people with their ass's on fire this morning it won't be long.

While on the subject I also stopped by to talk with Ben at Alliant this afternoon. He told me if you purchased the new Speer reloading manual to hold on to it as it will be their last. ATK, BAE and other manufacturers at the Arsenal are getting ready for a change. Alliant will now have to rent the ballistics lab in order to use one. I saw pallets of all kinds of pistol and shotgun powder leaving there today so they are still making and shipping it just as fast as they can. If I catch anything else interesting I will pass it on.

I've got some and tried it in my Bianchi gun, it worked ok but I could not get the accuracy I was looking for at fifty yards, the gun is a 9mm and they gave me a load sheet that had a start load on it for several different calibers. I will next try it for my 38 special guns to see if it works in those guns. It seemed to be a clean powder and I saw nothing that was an issue with it. The groups were averaging about 3-4 inches at fifty yards, and for Bianchi that's not good enough.

While on the subject I also stopped by to talk with Ben at Alliant this afternoon. He told me if you purchased the new Speer reloading manual to hold on to it as it will be their last. ATK, BAE and other manufacturers at the Arsenal are getting ready for a change. Alliant will now have to rent the ballistics lab in order to use one. I saw pallets of all kinds of pistol and shotgun powder leaving there today so they are still making and shipping it just as fast as they can. If I catch anything else interesting I will pass it on.

How interesting. I've been wondering how long it would be before ATK tired of the "sporting division" of their massive holdings. They can't amount to a drop in a mop bucket in comparison to their core business divisions and I've been worried about it for some time. Here's what I dug up from their website:

Vista Outdoor will be headquartered in Utah, an outdoor recreation hub for manufacturers and recreational-equipment suppliers to the outdoor industry. The company will have approximately 5,800 employees across the U.S. and internationally. The company's widely known and respected brands include: Federal Premium, Bushnell, Savage Arms, BLACKHAWK!, Primos, Final Approach, Uncle Mike's, Hoppe's, RCBS, Alliant Powder, CCI, Speer, Champion Targets, Gold Tip Arrows, Weaver Optics, Outers, Bollé, Cébé, and Serengeti.

Source

At least they appear to be continuing production and I expect they will probably sell this company off somewhere down the road. Edited by Shadowrider

"While on the subject I also stopped by to talk with Ben at Alliant this afternoon. He told me if you purchased the new Speer reloading manual to hold on to it as it will be their last. ATK, BAE and other manufacturers at the Arsenal are getting ready for a change. Alliant will now have to rent the ballistics lab in order to use one. I saw pallets of all kinds of pistol and shotgun powder leaving there today so they are still making and shipping it just as fast as they can. If I catch anything else interesting I will pass it on."

If this is correct, I find it amazing that Alliant, a company that is supposed to be a major manufacturer of gunpowder, does not have its own ballistics lab. This would be the culmination of Alliant's efforts over the years to provide less and less loading data about their powders and to tell customer that some powders they previously sold for handgun use are no longer recommended for that purpose.

I worked up my .40 minor load this morning. 3.6 of E7 with a 180 Blue Bullet @ 1.135 gave me an average of 756 FPS out of my stock G23. I will let the steel target speak for the accuracy at 20 yards. The target has 88 rounds on it. Very soft recoil, no smoke, did not heat up the gun and after 100 rounds you could hardly tell the gun had been fired. The ramp and chamber were clean as was the front sight and muzzle area of the gun. Say what you want but I think at $15.50 a pound you are going to see a lot more people using it.

atargetset-up.jpg

atarget.jpg

Anyone using this with 147grn 9mm?

3.8gr at 1.135" OAL with a Hi-Tek coated bullet from Leatherhead Bullets, .379" crimp, gets me 138 PF out of a 9mm Trojan. It is soft and accurate.

The posts/results above are good enough for me--I've just ordered 20lbs.

Hope u aren't in any hurry had some ordered for a week still hasn't been Shipped.. Was told they ran out of jugs waiting on new ones??? Edited by hcf1976

I did some research looks like some people are getting large Extreme Spreads I think I will wait on TG to appear again.

I use a lot of titegroup and etr7 and the spreads aren't that much different at all for me with 40cal and etr7 burns very clean!!