Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Precision 9mm +0 basepad review

MegaCleanCab

I ran into Scott Springer at the CA State IDPA match and he mentioned that his company was selling basepad which are compatible with the speed shooters mag wells. I believe they are IPDA and USPSA production compatible. I was previously running the 10-8 pads but they are not compatible with the magwell. These pads include a new retainer plate made of aluminum. You can also have them laser etch for both name and number. As you can see I chose number and my initials. These fit tight and with the included retainer seem to be very secure.

Here is the basepad and retainer

20150112_213230_zpsergilxpd.jpg

Here are two shot with the SSS magwell

20150112_213140_zpsuzgr0gbl.jpg

20150112_213124_zpsgyeeakmb.jpg

Here are a couple comparing the Springer, stock, 10-8

20150112_213034_zps0m4mtc8j.jpg

20150112_213011_zpseeel32on.jpg

Looks like a winner to me. I am glad they branched out beyond the XD. I would like to see Springers take on an M&P pistol trigger after handling an XD with one of their kits. I think they could give Apex a run for their money. Competition is always a good thing!!!

I have the first set of short basepads made by springer precision. They came about because I asked if they could make basepads with as little lip on the front as possible.

Scott was awesome to deal with and I can't recommend his stuff enough. They have held up to extremely well and are a big step up from the factory basepad.

• 1 month later...

My meandering M&P experience is that a good basepad is a nice thing. Besides compatibility with your magwell and shooting division, it should ideally be comfortable to manipulate, in live and dry fire.

I am using my second M&P Pro for IPSC Production Division (15 rounds maximum in magazines at start signal), and my reloads got appreciably better after installing a smooth fat rubber basepad on each Production magazine. Mine are made by a local company, IMI Defense. Admittedly the support hand is slightly further after inserting the magazine from where it needs to grip the gun and strong hand, but at least I can practice lots of reloads without hurting myself.

Unfortunately it's difficult for U.S. manufacturers to export basepads without costly State Department approvals - this is a general impediment to M&P export for competition purposes, but fortunately generic basepads can be adapted to M&P magazines with a little ingenuity.

Conclusion - a decent basepad is a good investment and it is worth looking around to see what works for you.

My meandering M&P experience is that a good basepad is a nice thing. Besides compatibility with your magwell and shooting division, it should ideally be comfortable to manipulate, in live and dry fire.

I am using my second M&P Pro for IPSC Production Division (15 rounds maximum in magazines at start signal), and my reloads got appreciably better after installing a smooth fat rubber basepad on each Production magazine. Mine are made by a local company, IMI Defense. Admittedly the support hand is slightly further after inserting the magazine from where it needs to grip the gun and strong hand, but at least I can practice lots of reloads without hurting myself.

Unfortunately it's difficult for U.S. manufacturers to export basepads without costly State Department approvals - this is a general impediment to M&P export for competition purposes, but fortunately generic basepads can be adapted to M&P magazines with a little ingenuity.

Conclusion - a decent basepad is a good investment and it is worth looking around to see what works for you.

FYI, If you have your ITAR (we do) you can ship small items internationally direct. We are also going to be available in Europe on Amazon and through distribution very shortly.

FYI, If you have your ITAR (we do) you can ship small items internationally direct. We are also going to be available in Europe on Amazon and through distribution very shortly.

Good news!

Edited by Lior

• 2 months later...

Just placed my order for the short basepads for my M&P pro. spoke to the folks at Precision and everyone I talked to was unbelievably helpful. Can't wait to get them to try them out. The lip on the factory basepads are driving me crazy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...