Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Blue Bullets 2015 South Carolina State Championship Match

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday isn't an option for this match. We may consider it for next year. Agreements have to be made with our range ahead of time as to which days we can support. This year is locked in at Friday and Saturday only. Discussions are already in place with the SC as to how we might accommodate more shooters next year.

As far as adding more shooters to the existing squads, that is also being looked into. It isn't as easy as just saying "Yup -- let's put a 13th or 14th shooter on each squad". We have to consider the amount of time it will take to run all squads through all stages and the amount of daylight we have. We need to finish with enough light that everyone has a fair chance to actually see the targets :) This decision will be made after we examine the stages in a few weeks and determine how we think everything is going to play out.

So ... waitlist status. We currently have a waitlist for Saturday (~25 shooters at this point). We still have a few open staff positions, and plenty of shooter positions on Friday.

There will likely be no movement on the waitlist for another few weeks. I need to get everyone paid and then drop those that didn't pay. As I drop one person, I'll contact the person at the top of the waitlist to fill that spot. Waitlisted individuals won't really have a choice of squad. I'll have to put you where there is room as Saturday spots open.

I wouldn't expect much news on the waitlist until payment deadlines come up. Anyone who had a jersey on their order must pay by Feb 21st. All others have until March 15th.

Edited by uod

I would like to get about 5 or 6 more staff members. CRO/ROs are preferred, but people without certification who can paste or assist with scoring would be great too.

Staff get to shoot for free on Friday. Staff will be working as they shoot (ROing/pasting the stage that they are on). Staff will then work all day on a stage on Saturday. Lunch will be provide both days for Staff members. Staff also gets a free staff jersey to wear on Saturday (see www.charlestonuspsa.com for an example).

We do not provide hotel rooms.

I've still got 2 or 3 staff spots open -- and we still have several Friday spots open!

Also -- At the end of Feb, I should be able to move somewhere between 6 and 10 people from the waitlist into a Saturday squad. Then, after the March 15th payment deadline, I might be able to move a few more depending on the number of people who have not paid. As it stands right now, we've got about 21 people left on the waitlist.

I've still got 2 or 3 staff spots open -- and we still have several Friday spots open!

Also -- At the end of Feb, I should be able to move somewhere between 6 and 10 people from the waitlist into a Saturday squad. Then, after the March 15th payment deadline, I might be able to move a few more depending on the number of people who have not paid. As it stands right now, we've got about 21 people left on the waitlist.

crossing my fingers haha

crossing my fingers haha

If you send me a PM, I'll be happy to tell you where you are on the waitlist. This goes for anyone who is wondering where they are at right now.

We will be posting stages sometime soon. They are being finalized in the next week and submitted to NROI. Once I submit, I'll post them up on the Charleston USPSA website.

Edited by uod

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of important announcements :

1. TODAY (2/21) is the last day for payment for those that ordered a jersey. I made of list of everyone I could find in the registration dump that has not paid but asked for a jersey, and those people should have received an email just a few minutes ago. I'll be making phone calls later today as well just to make sure everyone has a chance to pay.

2. March 15th is the last day for payment for those that didn't order a jersey. This is also the last day to request a full refund. (Partial refunds will be permitted up until April 1st).

3. I have started processing through the wait list as people withdraw from the match or change to Friday slots. I have already emailed the first 12 or 13 people on the list. I'll be continuing to make my way down the list as I get spots opened.

4. There are a fair amount of people who have not paid. Please try to get your payments in as soon as you can.

For those of you on the waitlist : I'll be processing through another 7 shooters this weekend. That puts me at roughly the first 20 people on the waitlist getting spots. If your name is up, you'll get an email sometime Sunday with more information.

If you want to know where you are on the waitlist, just PM me and ask. I'll be happy to let you know.

• 2 weeks later...

This coming Sunday is our last day for payment. We've got about 18 people who have not paid. I am going to make calls and do my best to get in contact with everyone before we drop them.

I'll be processing more shooters on the waitlist on Monday morning.

I might have to sell my slot if anyone needs it, I requested for Saturday but match director assigned me to Friday. I can't do Friday.

PM me --- or, shoot an email back to any of the match registration emails that we received. If you registered for Saturday but were assigned to Friday, this was a mistake. We'll see if it can be corrected.

We have had some people withdraw and some shooters dropped for non-payment. I have processed through just about all of the waitlist at this point. It looks like we are going to end up with a few Saturday slots left if anyone wants to shoot. We also have a few Friday slots left as well.