Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2015 Illinois Sectional Championship at Devil's Hole

2015 Illinois Sectional Championship at Devil’s Hole

The 2015 Illinois Sectional Championship is scheduled for September 18-20 at Devil's Hole Range in Havana, IL. There are 11-12 stages planned, plus chronograph. Much of the staff that made the 2014 Sectional a success will be very involved ensuring 2015 is just as successful. Havana is a pleasant town located off the IL River approximately 1hr North West of Springfield, IL, 1hr South West of Peoria, IL.

Match website and application will be posted very soon with the opportunity to do online registration.

For sponsorship opportunities or match questions please contact our match directors:

Jeff Hicks - practicalshootingsports@gmail.com

Eric Griggs - ericgriggs@msn.com

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Just to update everyone we felt it was in the best interest of the shooting industry to avoid utilizing paypal. We currently are working to establish an online gateway where we can accommodate online registration as well as accept the traditional paper forms. At that time we will have online squadding available and will send out PINs as required. We would like to welcome back SNS Castings, Automatic Accuracy, and welcome aboard CI Shooting Sports from Bloomington, IL as match sponsors. We should have online registration established by March 15.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the link to the Section Website https://ilsection.wordpress.com/2015-illinois-sectional/. Online registration can be completed here http://www.practicalshootingsports.com/product-p/ilsection-entry.htm. Ensure if you enter your USPSA # and name in the order notes to expedite your entry form.We took a big step to get away from pay pal and move to an organization more gun friendly.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Edited by JHicks8h

Online registration is now available for the Illinois Sectional. Please enter your USPSA # in order notes during checkout. If you are registering multiple shooters ensure that you enter all their names and USPSA #s in the order notes during checkout. This will expedite processing your application. http://www.practicalshootingsports.com/product-p/ilsection-entry.htm

Edited by JHicks8h

PIN numbers for squadding have been sent out. If you do not receive your PIN within 48hrs of registering for the match please send an email to ericgriggs@msn.com

Bill D - We have not negotiated any rates with local hotels at this time. I will see what we can do and will post what we get worked out.

Jeff

PIN numbers for squadding have been sent out. If you do not receive your PIN within 48hrs of registering for the match please send an email to ericgriggs@msn.com

Bill D - We have not negotiated any rates with local hotels at this time. I will see what we can do and will post what we get worked out.

Jeff

If your name shows up in the online squadding for the Illinois Sectional and you haven't received your PIN contact me either on FB or email ericgriggs@msn.com - I will get you your PIN. There is an issue with the website. USPSA's webmaster is working on it, but says it may be a week or so till they get it fixed.

Thanks

Eric

For those looking to shoot this match in one day on an All Day Saturday squad you might want to register and get squadded. You can always change squads later. There are a total of 6 All Day Saturday squads (10 per squad), and half those 60 slots are already taken. The other two options are to shoot All Day Friday, but only a couple of those slots are left as it's primarily staff shooting that day, and the other option is to shoot it over two days (Saturday PM/Sunday AM).

OK folks,

I spent the day in Canton IL, the match hotel will be there. I am still working with a couple of hotels to find the best deal and will post that information as soon as I have it all worked out. It is a short 20 minute drive, north of Havana up 78. Canton has many nice restaurants that have been very receptive to group discounts, I have worked out a few deals with them as well.

More details to follow.

Eric

• 2 weeks later...

How does the 8am Saturday and Sunday work?

Saturday you shoot until you finish half the stages? Sunday you finish the other half?

Same I assume for the Saturday/Sunday afternoon spots.

Looking to try a match other than a local club match.

Thanks

How does the 8am Saturday and Sunday work?

Saturday you shoot until you finish half the stages? Sunday you finish the other half?

Same I assume for the Saturday/Sunday afternoon spots.

Looking to try a match other than a local club match.

Thanks

Yes, if you are on a Sat AM/Sun AM squad then you would shoot 6 positions each morning starting at 0800.

If you sign up for Saturday at 1, are you able to (without interfering the match) look at the stages an hour or two before 1pm?

Also if you sign up and pick a slot. Can you cancel a week or less if something comes up? My much younger brother will be starting college in the Fall and I am uncertain of his schedule and where he is going. He will be joining me at our first larger match. We usually shoot local clubs and this will be a first for both of us.

Thanks

You should be able to check out stages, there will probably be a lot of shooting going on until lunch time. We will give refunds and take shirt orders until Sept 1.

No refunds or shirt orders after September 1, 2015!