Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What kind of belt?

Buckrun

I just ordered a 010 holster and the 771 Mag pouches? I was reading on here about belts the other day. I can’t find it now. They were advising the person to get a belt by some other manufacture than Safariland. I think it was a CR-Speed belt. They were saying it is stiffer than the Safariland. Is this a good one to get? Is this one a one-piece belt? What is your recommendation for a belt to go with the holster and mag holders that I am getting? Where can I get the belt you recommend?

Thanks

Steve

CR speed is what I use , it's super stiff and the soft part of the velvro is on the inner belt , which makes it less prone to tear up car seats and such, did I mention it was stiff, I love it, it's all I've ever used and I see no reason to try anything else.

Don't forget that if you use the CR belt and the Safariland holter, the velcro is backwards. For my 012 on the CR belt, I removed the velcro from the holster, turned it around and used heavy thread to restitch it. Works great and no "adapter" strips of velcro.

Just placed my order with Brownells. Thanks for the help.

775-000-014 42" RESCOMP WSM HI TORQUE BELT

791-104-145 45ACP TIT. FIRING PIN

I had my Springfield 1911 out shooting last week. I had several rounds not go off. Some of them fired when I hit them again. These were old reloads with CCI primers. I thought a Titanium firing pin may help. Plus I am using Winchester primers now. I have read that CCI have a harder primer. Is that true?

Steve

I'm completely invested in Safariland now. 3 inners and 4 or 5 outers. I've not really had too many issues with them and I don't get into a car with my shooting belts on, so that's a non-issue for me. Either Safariland or CR Speed work and are in use by many shooters.

Vince