Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ares Armor Effin A comp

striped1

Is the intended use competition shooting? If so there's more purpose built units available for the same or less money. This one appears to be geared more towards the tacti-cool or all purpose rifle crowd than competition. Notice there's very little baffle surface perpendicular to the bore, which from my understanding and experience from hacking up a few Miculek comps just for fun, is an important factor in recoil reduction. And it seems to redirect gas towards holes or ports at the top of the comp to push the muzzle down.

it is for competition. Trying to avoid the 1/2 pound 3" hunk of steel hanging off the end of my barrel. Making an ultralight 18" rifle gas with Low mass carrier. May wind up with Benny Hill's tuned comp, but trying to get much lighter / smaller.

I've run the Effin A—the old, smooth version and not the newer beveled one. It's a good comp and the tunability is a nice feature, though it definitely takes some playing with. I am not sure the end result was significantly better than some other comps I have shot, though maybe I just didn't tune it enough.

The nordic tactical comp is also a very nice, small and light comp. it works suppressing well for its size and is cheap too.

I have this one on my light weight red dot rifle and it works very well.

gerritm