Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What a MATCH !

blue edge

Today I went to a 3gun match at Bluegrass Pistol Club, the weather & match

were great!!!!!!!!! Nice job guys, this thing had the feel of a major match.

The turnout was large and stages had there own personalities.

A day or two ago I invited Jake Di Vita and Dan Bedell to attend this match boy did you guys miss a good one. I plan on going to this club more often! ;)

Kevin

Thanks Kevin for the kind words, I enjoyed squadding with you guys. 60 degrees in February, and our largest turnout ever, 47 shooters. I recall a February where we had only 6. The stages were great, and Tewlman's 100 yard dash rifle shoot was the stuff dreams are made of. We will look for you to return next month.

Kevin, glad you had a good time, judging from the comments, and ear to ear grins I saw yesterday, you weren't the only one. Although we love so shoot our handguns, the long guns are so much fun, it is worth the extra effort. Thanks for your and everyone's help in making the match so enjoyable.

kevin, sorry i couldn't make it, i'm up to my eyeballs in work. i actually got out last sunday and shot a local club match, first time i shot a match in about 6 months and first time i've shot my own gun in 6 months. i went in so relaxed, no pressure, had a couple good stages and finished 2nd. i realized how much i miss shooting and need to get out of the shop more often. let me know when you guys are shooting that kentucky match, i think it's near the end of may. i'd like to come down and get squadded with you and some of the other guys that i haven't met yet.

Scores are up!

Speak for yourself! :P

Place Name No. Class Division Points Penalties Time Hit Factor Stage Pts Stage %

1 Bradley, Chuck 43 GM Limited 81 0 13.17 6.1503 90.0000 100.00%

2 Matthews, Dale 15 C Limited 81 0 14.88 5.4435 79.6571 88.51%

3 Foley, Mike 17 A Limited 85 0 16.31 5.2115 76.2621 84.74%

I see what you mean.... :P But it was only one stage. The high point of my weekend I'll admit, but still only one stage. :D

...6 good stages, uh well, could have done without the 100yard dash and I wish i had sighted in my rifle...

Think of how devious Tewlman :ph34r: will be when he designs stages for our 300 yard range? We gotta find some way to get an edge Chuck, and practice ain't cuttin' it. :)

The Bluegrass shoot was awesome as usual.

Good folks and great stages.

I see Chris came in 8th in shotgun with his Benelli Nova He Man gun!-excellent!

The Tewlman is devious-great stage design-with a .308 the white targets are shoot thru - right?

Dave

Wait! I missed Chuck Bradley shooting 3-Gun?

Heck, if you guys had told me ahead of time, I would have tried harder to make the journey! My parents could have just waited at the airport until I was ready to get them. :lol:

Dan, glad to here your back on the rangeand having fun :D The KY. state match is May 21 & 22

Chuck, looks like it might be your turn to start practice ! The 100 yard dash!! :D

The scores surprized me :wacko: ?I had a fair day at a 3gun match

Wait! I missed Chuck Bradley shooting 3-Gun?

Heck, if you guys had told me ahead of time, I would have tried harder to make the journey! My parents could have just waited at the airport until I was ready to get them. :lol:

Not only that. You missed seeing me just plain smoke the shotgun stage. 18 targets from two positions in 12.25 seconds with a 7 round Rem 1100 my first time out. No side saddle, no bandolier, no sissy loading gate, sights or speed strips. Some of the envious ones will try to tell you that the timer turns over after 200 seconds and that the 12.25 on the clock wasn't the real time but should be added to the first 200 but I say you have to go with what's on the clock. Otherwise how do we know it did not roll over twice? It seemed a lot longer to me of course, but I just assumed I was in the 'ZONE' and time perception was warped.

I was in the 'ZONE' and time perception was warped.

Twilight Zone maybe. :wacko: Warped, definately. :wacko:

I must be jealous of that last pistol stage Dale.

On the subject of the timer, I bet the guy who engineered that thing never, ever, ever thought it would be used over 200 seconds.

Hah! Two hundred seconds is an eyeblink compared to some of my times!

We had an enormous rifle-shotgun field course at Deer Creek (IN) years ago that took me over ten minutes before I emerged from the woods with a smoking shotgun, a grin on my face, and about that much (holding fingers really close together) away from a massive coronary event. The actually movement from the starting rifle position to the final rifle position to where you switched to shotgun had to be close to 200 yards. Then you had to run through the woods and whack steel plates that were cleverly hidden among the dense foliage.

I don't recall my exact time, but it was close to ten minutes. Fortunately they had a pickup truck to fetch me and bring me back to the starting line or I might still be out there!

To post a picture, click the IMG tab above the text area when you are typing a reply! The pictures have to be hosted online. There are a bunch of free hosting sites. I use www.Photobucket.com but I am not sure if it is still a free site, I have been there a long time. Anyway, do a google search for free web hosting, that should do it. Once you have the picture online, right click the picture, and copy the properties, put the properties in the address pop-up that comes up when you click the IMG tab above. That should do it!

Get a site, post the pics to the site, very easy, most sites have great instuctions.

Hope that helps.