Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34 Replacement Sights, Fixed or adjustable?

palmetto99

I found a lightly used G34 at a decent price recently and at some time in the future will swap out the factory sights. For G34 owners, did you go fixed or adjustable? Thanks for your input.

Definitely a personal preference. Also I have a friend who swears by a rear adjustable (Dawson Precision). Myself, I like the fixed rear and fiber optic front. I installed Warren Tactical Sevingny Competition sights (Black serrated rear fixed and a red fiber optic front) on my G34 and it are great. Installed the same set on my G19 for carry as well. Hope that helps.

I run the fixed wide cut (.150" rear) black on black for my G34. I don't think adjustables help much with a 9mm, the difference between 115 and 124 is nothing, and going to a 147 shoots about 1" at 25 yards.

• 2 weeks later...

I have purchased Dawson sights (adjustable rear, red FO front) for all my competition pistols. Only because I knew I would be working on loads, trying to find the perfect load. At those times, Dawson offered (and may still) some perfect front sight program where they will replace the front sight if you are having issues. I did have to use it once. If you are going to be changing loads, you probably need adjustable sights. Now that I have my loads dialed into what I want, I wish I had fixed sights.

I do like these from TTI. I especially like the rear sight. If I were to pick out a fixed set of sights today it would be these, assuming TTI would be willing to swap out the front sight for zeroing purposes.

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_51&products_id=127

I have purchased Dawson sights (adjustable rear, red FO front) for all my competition pistols. Only because I knew I would be working on loads, trying to find the perfect load. At those times, Dawson offered (and may still) some perfect front sight program where they will replace the front sight if you are having issues. I did have to use it once. If you are going to be changing loads, you probably need adjustable sights. Now that I have my loads dialed into what I want, I wish I had fixed sights.

I do like these from TTI. I especially like the rear sight. If I were to pick out a fixed set of sights today it would be these, assuming TTI would be willing to swap out the front sight for zeroing purposes.

http://tarantacticalinnovations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=44_51&products_id=127

We're working on offering a 220, 225, and 235 front sight for zeroing.

I prefer fixed sights. I "feel" like they are a little more durable and stable. I say feel because I don't really think adjustable sights have any real liability in this regard, just my experience and preference. I have used both TTI and ZEV sights on my guns, and both are excellent products. Very sturdy, good value, excellent sight picture.

Either Zev or TTI will give you a great fixed sight.

I swapped out my plastic OEM Glock rear sight with a steel Glock rear sight. I like a white out line rear sight and the steel Glock sight is durable. I use a FO front sight to pick it up quicker. One zeroed, the POI of various loads doesn't change significantly at 25 yards.