Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aluminum vs Polymer Cmore

KOBGT

I have 3 plastic & 1 alum. 2 out of 3 plastic have been great, hold zero, no cracks. The one has has cracks at the mounting holes & battery cover but holds zero just fine. The alum. one is bomb proof, but heavy. I run it on a flat top AR. There is still nothing better for an open gun.

I have been running cmores pretty hard for the past ten years. I have both aluminum and polymer. They both have their pros and cons. The plastic ones usually crack at the windage set screw. I have just rebodied a few scopes and cmore has tried something new by adding more material to this area. Seems to work so far. The problems I've had with the aluminum other than the weight is the electronics/switch going out. I guess something to do with them being more rigid than the polymer.

If I had a choice I would probably stick with the polymer. Seems to work just as good as the aluminum. Plus I like the serendipity model.

With that said there is no better scope for open pistols in my opinion. I have an open gun with over a 100,000 rounds and I finally had the scope rebodied. We are running top fuel dragsters it's normal for things to break. For me cmores have held up better than most.

Edited by naim

My brother has one cracked where the windage screw is. Seems like something that is not all that uncommon. For you guys that have the issue, has it effected accuracy, or zero hold etc at all?

Edited by niroth81

Secret to not cracking the C-more at the windage screw:

Tighten the lock screw down till it's just snug. Now do your windage adjustments without unscrewing the locking screw (the windage screw will turn just fine). Once you have it dialed in, float some rubber cement in around the lock screw to prevent it from walking. This should hold everything in place and you can still adjust the sight again if you need to.