Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How old do you have to be to be a RO?

I think the RO CLASS would make a younger shooter a safer and better trained shooter. Not sure I would throw them to the wolves right out if the chute since most older guys will try to manhandle a kid on a timer. Local matches embedded with a good safe squad would be a great way to start.

Supposedly I have a very young shooter interested in my upcoming RO course but so far I don't have his app.

Not sure I would throw them to the wolves right out if the chute since most older guys will try to manhandle a kid on a timer.

I don't think we need those types of guys. I have had guys (much?) younger than me RO me and do a fine job. If there was ever a question, we worked it out without manhandling or intimidation. The type of guy who would manhandle a kid on a timer instead of working it through and using it as a teaching moment are the kind that can stay home, IMO.

I don't think we need those types of guys. I have had guys (much?) younger than me RO me and do a fine job. If there was ever a question, we worked it out without manhandling or intimidation. The type of guy who would manhandle a kid on a timer instead of working it through and using it as a teaching moment are the kind that can stay home, IMO.

In a perfect world, sure. In the real world, at major matches, some competitors don't put their best foot forward, and sometimes lose their normally good judgment. (And a few are just belligerent bullies all the time, who don't care about sportsmanship).

• 5 months later...