Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

clearing type 3 malfunction

Mine hasn't done that to me, but my first inclination would be to turn it port down and rack the bolt to get the one on the lifter out then rack it again to hopefully get the one out of the chamber, I suspect that it wont be that easy to fix though, if the action cycled far enough to put a round on the lifter it should have ejected the empty so if it din't I suspect there is probably a issue with the extractor that is probably going to continue being a issue.

I suspect the fired round in chamber type of malfunction is most always caused by ammunition. Most of the time this is the aluminum capped shells that will do this. Al does not expand and contract as well and sometimes the extractor will let go keeping case in chamber, the bolt cycles and attempts to pick up another round. My M2 took the head off a WIN bulk box ammo last fall at blueridge and locked the gun up. Winchester told me to pound sand and refunded the price of the remaining ammo. No more WIN bulk ammo for me.

To clear in a benelli you need to remove live shell and attempt to rack bolt, if this does not remove shell, remove spent shell with a tool. In other shotguns, they will attempt to pick up another shell from the tube so you after you try to rack the spent shell out and retract bolt all the way, you will pick up another shell, remove this and try a tool to remove case. from chamber.

This can be avoided most of the time with a brass case hull and clean chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

So I would rack the slide back and hold it. Turn the gun port side down. Drop the round stuck on the lifter and then rack the gun. This sounds right in my head but I don't have my gun right now so can't test.

Sounds good, but remember, the rounds in the tube are pushing against both rounds, It would be nice but they don't just drop out

• 3 weeks later...

I actually had this happen to me during a match with my 930. It sucked but I did get it out on the clock.

Local match

What I did was pull the bolt back with my left hand and dump the gun over to drop the second round.

What I did next i had no idea if it was legal or not but i did it anyways.

While still holding the bolt back I partially kneeled and put the but of the gun in my hip.

Next out came the trust assisted auto pocket knife.

Used it as a make shit extractor, Ripped the other round out dumped it and dropped both the knife and the shell on the ground.

Pointed at the knife in warning when I dropped it, Shouldered the Shotgun and kept right on going.

Didnt end up with a penalty or anything at the match.

Everyone was like wth firtst time iv seen it done like that on the clock.