Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

170 & 140 mm mag capacity

cnote

Hello: Next week when I have a little more time I will show all the setups I am using for my open 9mm. I am finding I am using the shorter mags more and more since I can reload them faster than the 170mm mags. Your mileage may vary. Thanks, Eric

Would you consider starting a new thread with your setups. Definitely do not want to miss it.

Getting 27 rds in a 140 magazine will make it the most anticipated thread of 2015.

Thanks.

Bill

Hello: My old style140mm SVI mags I can get 27 rounds with the right base pads,follower/spring setup for 9mm. I can also get 26 rounds in my old SVI 134mm tubes and will check to see what I can get in my 124mm SVI tubes. If you can take three steps you have room to reload. Thanks, Eric

Does one of the steps have anything to do with how you reload your shells?

Hello: Yes I can start a new thread next week. I have to take some pics so you can see what I am using. Reloading your ammo has nothing to do with it. It is just spring and follower setups and base pads with the old style SVI mags. I am getting ready for the Georgia State shoot this week. Thanks, Eric

• 1 month later...

Hello: Yes I can start a new thread next week. I have to take some pics so you can see what I am using. Reloading your ammo has nothing to do with it. It is just spring and follower setups and base pads with the old style SVI mags. I am getting ready for the Georgia State shoot this week. Thanks, Eric

Did this thread ever get started?

New MBX mags, 23 9mm or 38SC in the 140s but one is a push to be reloadable, the other has to be slammed in pretty good, so they're really 22 reloadable. The 170 will take 29 if pushed really hard with the Uplula, but there's no room left over and it won't go into the gun; you'd have to have the slide open to get the mag to seat. It's basically a 28 round mag, for either initial load or reload. I tried Grams internals in the 140s, but the result is the same. All have sat for days fully loaded and used in practice at the range, in hope of "breaking them in", no change. Disappointing for something that costs so much.