Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pasters Not Sticking

KevinB

Has anyone had recent problems with their pasters not sticking? I had a failure of Alco's pasters today where by the time I had finished pasting the fourth target, the pasters were flaking off the first one. I bought these pasters recently and they have been stored indoors, so I'm not thinking it's age or mishandling. I had been having problems with National Target's pasters doing the same thing, which is why I switched to Alco in the first place.

I searched some threads here but found nothing recent, so what are the masses having success with? By success, I mean the pasters will stay where I put them through multiple practice sessions over a period of about two weeks (which is how long it takes me to shoot out a target and I throw it away).

I was shooting on a sunny day in 54 degrees with 41% humidity, so not extreme by any measure.

The only experience I had with them was bad, but I cannot account for how they were stored or how old they were. I will most likely give them a try! Still, I heard the same thing about Alco, too. I think the quote on here (admittedly from 2010) was they would stick to the Gulf of Mexico.

I've noticed some sensitivity to regional variations as well, but I see that as a product failure as well. I used to use Target Barn, and they stuck fine when I was living in S Arizona (darn dusty there!) and when I moved to Florida they were useless. I'll give Shooter's Connection a call.

It makes me wonder how many companies out there actually manufacture their own pasters. I figure there can only be so many sources of pre-cut adhesive squares, so I have to wonder why the variations in performance.

Thanks for the input!

• 1 month later...

Yesterday, we ended up using my Shooters Connection pasters to hold the club's Alcos in place! :-) Nothing better that we have used at our range than Shooters Connection pasters. The other brand pasters were just jumping off the target from the later shots.

The 3M product you are thinking of is their spray mount adhesive. It is available where you find framing and other photo related products, or on Amazon. It might help, but the Shooters Connection stickers really haven't had any issues sticking on high humidity days, or even on slightly rainy days.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had no problem with the Shooter's Connection pasters. I have a tendency to keep targets past where others would toss them out, and the SC pasters stay in place. Until they fail me, I'm not buying anything else!