Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Electronic Ear Muffs

old shooter

I know, you get what you pay for, but someone around here has surely tried these

ear muffs.

I got a pair of Caldwell for Christmas (also under $30) and like them..except... they don't compress the sound, they cut it out all together.

Don't get me wrong, for 30 bucks, I am glad to have a chance to try electronic muffs before spending over $100 for a top of the line pair. I just didn't want to spend that much and not like them.

The pair on the link above compress the sound, and I may try them before making my final decision on what type to try.

Here is your chance to try some before you pay the big bucks, and if the break, you have a nice pair of $30 standards...not too bad.

Mike

Really trying not to be a cheapskate..

I was going with the plan of trying some cheap electronic ears before spending over $100.00. I bought a pair from Harbor Freight Tools for $24.99 about a year and a half ago and have no interest in buying a different set. These work just great. They are not very low-profile but they work great.

Chris

Cool. I'm very happy to hear that the cheap ones work well. Hunters and people in other shooting sports would really go for $30 electronics if the word spreads that they work O.K. . What is the NRR on most of the cheap ones?

Cool. I'm very happy to hear that the cheap ones work well. Hunters and people in other shooting sports would really go for $30 electronics if the word spreads that they work O.K. . What is the NRR on most of the cheap ones?

NRR?

Don't know what NRR is, but the price was actually $24 per pair, so I got two.

I was going with the plan of trying some cheap electronic ears before spending over $100.00. I bought a pair from Harbor Freight Tools for $24.99 about a year and a half ago and have no interest in buying a different set. These work just great. They are not very low-profile but they work great.

Chris

Do you have the link?

That price sounds to good to be true.

I have been shooting for ten years and I just now bought my first pair of electronic muffs. Why the hell did I wait so long? They are great. I bought the pair from Dillon. I think they were $135 and worth every penny.

When I first put them on they amplified the sound so well I was afraid to shoot with them but they cut the loud noise out perfectly. I am looking forward to some competitive shooting with them.

I will read the reviews on this forum and if they work for that price I will buy a backup pair for my bag.

Dave

Well, being a Police range officer that teaches both pistol and full auto rifle, you get what you pay for. I tried the cheap ones about 85.00 and that was with a discount for bulk, and then I got a very nice set that were about $200.00 with a NR of 27 or 29 I can't remember. Spend the money for the good stuff............your hearing is not something to play with, the cheaper ones don't block as much sound and thats were the money comes in. I feel anything under a NR rating of 25 is not good for you.

Greg

I tried a few cheap ones-the sound quality was bad and they cut out completely during loud noises. A fellow shooter has a pair of those from Harbor Freight which seem o.k., much better than the ones I had tried. Are they as good as the Dillon ones I use now? No. If you use cheapies you might have to plug underneath to get adequate hearing protecton.

Radian Pro Amp. I bought mine for $50/e bought 3. One for me, one for my wife and one for my father. I've seen them sell for over $100. Saw some big name shooters wearing them too. Really like mine. Note they are either 23 or 24, but I still double plug. Here's a link:

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product...TTF58444UR3CXUD