Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 2 has a jam.....

b18prl

I kept getting this jam recently but only happened while I'm shooting a match so I had no time to diagnose it. Today it happened again first time on my practice. Anyone ever had this jam before on Stock2?

post-42434-141711056924_thumb.jpg

That looks like a short stroking issue.

Causes:

Using a coarse powder that doesn't meter very consistent or splashing the powder out of the case when you index a progressive press.

Gun isn't broke in yet, so empties are barely clearing the ejection port. Then any light charges would cause this.

So what powder are you using, how much, and how many rounds on the gun?

Comment back and well get this fixed up

Edited by Nealio

That looks like a short stroking issue.

Causes:

Using a coarse powder that doesn't meter very consistent or splashing the powder out of the case when you index a progressive press.

Gun isn't broke in yet, so empties are barely clearing the ejection port. Then any light charges would cause this.

So what powder are you using, how much, and how many rounds on the gun?

Comment back and well get this fixed up

I was going to ask the same question along with extractor springs. Make sure it's not gummed up or anything like that.

Although not the same as a rifle, I was having the same type of malfunction on one of my ARs and it was short stroking. I changed what I needed to change and the problem went away.

It happens with both WST and N320, let see..... I bought the gun new in Summer of 2013 so my guess is around 10-12000 rounds through it. I always loaded the same with 147 Bayou with 3.5 gr if WST for practice and 3.3 gr of N320 for major matches.

Eliminate variables.

Check Extractor hook, check Extractor spring, clean Extractor channel, check ejector strike-point. Chrono loads

Is the empty case striking the lower wall of the ejection port? If so, it will bounce back up into the path of the closing slide.

Edited for autocorrect.

Edited by R.Elliott

Eliminate variables.

Check Extractor hook, check Extractor spring, clean Extractor channel, check ejector strike-point. Chrono loads

Is the empty case striking the local of the ejection port? If so, it will bounce back up into the path of the closing slide.

That sounds kinda like it.

For giggles try moving to the next recoil spring up. I had the same problem with my Stock III and I went from a 7lb spring to an 8lb spring and the problem was solved. I hate to see you start changing a whole bunch of springs and possibly introduce more problems.

Edited by BiggMike

For giggles try moving to the next recoil spring up. I had the same problem with my Stock III and I went from a 7lb spring to an 8lb spring and the problem was solved. I hate to see you start changing a whole bunch of springs and possibly introduce more problems.

+1 sounds like you need a new recoil spring.

Guys, thanks for all your help!! I think I found the problem!! I just came home from work and took my gun apart and found the recoil spring from my old SP01 in there!! So possible short stroking??!!