Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Timer Question

zhunter

Ususally, you would set the timer for a "PAR time". On a timer, PAR time means that you get a stop beep at the end of the length of time that you set.

OK, thanks Flex, then I am gonna get a timer then.

Any good ideas on where to get one, i.e. good price?

The tape in Jerry Barnhart's video series dealing with dry fire (and yes, you can order individual tapes in the series without having to buy the entire thing) has excellent instruction and demonstration of how to use a timer to do descending par time drills.

I have started using Matt Burkett's dry fire program on his website. I usually do about 30 min each night setting the par time on the computer and using the target on the screen to aim. I have been getting my draw and first shot in 1 second. I have also used the par time set on 1 sec for my reloads with sucess. My reloads at matches have already shown massive improvement for the most part. I guess I need to break down and buy a Pact IV this month so I can practice at the match hotels.

Dave

Thanks, Brian it is, I was out practicing, golf that is, and I found it before you guys told me to look at Brian's site. Should have looked there first. :wacko:

Golf? Where you golfin' and why wasn't I invited?