Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911's and Frog Lube

VieraA

Hi there guys !

Just wondering how many of you use Frog Lube in your competition guns, specifically 1911 pistols ( open, limited etc... ) I have use it for polymer gun but never on a 1911. Does it work any better than your regular lube ? Any advice will be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

It gums up in cold and tight fitted pistols. I use Mobile 1 5w-30. I figure millions were spent in the development for this lube and meets SAE standards. I can run the gun longer between cleanings than with froglube and it operates just fine at any temperature that you would shoot in.

Use regular "conventional" lube. If it has specific prep instructions on how to apply it avoid it. There is no magic lube that lubricates, stays dry and keeps the crud flowing off the gun. The frog lube is more like a wax that warms up and turns liquid when heated up. Not good for cold or tight guns. There are people who swear by it but its often the glock guys who are gun owners not shooters and whos gun sits in a safe then goes and shoots at an indoor range 100 rounds every month or 2 and has a glock which has such loose tolerences the lube dosent matter at all