Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Scorpion Pro Competition Belt vs?

Hallz

I am seeing these belts pop up more and more but still a little unsure.

Now that I am looking to get belts for my Wife, Son (Jr shooter) and I, are the CR Speed belts worth the $15 for one match a month for them? Looking at the new Storm mag pouches for them also,

or is my $$ better spent elsewhere?

What do you guys think?

I have the scorpion and am happy with it. It was my first step into the double belts so can't comment on how it compares. It feels solid and locks up.

Although the scorpion inner has the hook texture out so it does grab nearly everything when travelling to the range or whenever not using the outer. I believe some of the others are designed with the loop inner. Not a huge deal to switch them though and just ignore the slight visual of the end style difference.

I have the scorpion and am happy with it. It was my first step into the double belts so can't comment on how it compares. It feels solid and locks up.

Although the scorpion inner has the hook texture out so it does grab nearly everything when travelling to the range or whenever not using the outer. I believe some of the others are designed with the loop inner. Not a huge deal to switch them though and just ignore the slight visual of the end style difference.

That was the other reason I didn't like the Scorpion belt :goof:

Anyone able to compare the CR Speed Super Hi Torque belt to the DAA? I've got DAA belts...bought a CR Speed non-Super belt and it was too flimsy however I like the CR Speed inner much better than the DAA. I figure the Super Hi Torque has to be stiffer than the plain old HI Torque, but anyone know if it's as stiff as the DAA belt?

As a new shooter to USPSA this year, I was trying to save some money and bought the Black Scorpion belt. I am going to go to a CR Speed belt as I am upgrading my gear this winter. I can't really compare it to anything else as of right now. I will give you my thoughts or opinions, It is a good starter belt. It seemed to work well for me and I will probably keep it for my back-up or maybe 3 gun. I don't get much chance to attend the local 3 gun matches due to work, so it should work for that. I always changed from a regular belt to the double belt when I arrived at the range. So I never had an issue with the hook and loop being on the opposite belts.

If you are shooting a heavier gun it may not be as good. I was shooting an XDM, so a light polymer gun, this year and it worked good for me. It was a good starter belt to figure out what I want, and what is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Orderd a CR speed for the wife, DAA for me. Brother Inlaw is barrowing a Scorpion that I won at a match for his son and upgraded to a BT for himself.

My wife will just be shooting USPSA and I will be using mine for USPSA & 3 gun, I will keep my 5.11 and Safariland set up for IDPA.

I will see how they all hold up after a year.

Anyone able to compare the CR Speed Super Hi Torque belt to the DAA? I've got DAA belts...bought a CR Speed non-Super belt and it was too flimsy however I like the CR Speed inner much better than the DAA. I figure the Super Hi Torque has to be stiffer than the plain old HI Torque, but anyone know if it's as stiff as the DAA belt?

I have owned and used CR speed hi-torque and the CR speed hi-torque deluxe (which I think is what you mean by the super one, it's the one with red or silver stripped outer belt) as well as DAA.

My preference goes:

CR speed deluxe hi torque

CR speed hi torque

DAA

The DAA is stiffer as in harder to wrap around you but it doesn't want to hold the gear any more stabley (is that a word?). The CR speed is just right. The better inner belt also helps with stability a bit.

Any belt that has the hook surface on the inner is just plain dumb. it'll tear up your clothes, car seats, and crap will stick to it.

The CR speed have nicer quality inner belts than DAA and the stiffness is just right.

Don't get me wrong. I love DAA gear and have their holsters, mag pouches and other bits. but the CR speed belt is the best I've found. We are not talking massive night and day difference, but to me the difference was there and the CR speed deluxe is the better belt.