Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Gun Pistol - 2011

For 9mm I am getting 23 with factory tubes Dawson +1 non SNL and grams springs an followers. I have some factory mags oral factory setup that hold 21. I have the same reliability with all them. I quit chasing that extra round

+1. I have the same magazine setup for my 9mm 2011. I am half tempted to try the TTI setup for 24 rounds, but I could just as easily spend the $$$ elsewhere. I have four mags and they work. I really don't need a special fifth one, but I would like to try it.

For my .40 I have used both Dawson and TTI setups. Even without the fact that I can squeeze an extra round into the TTIs (20 vs. 19), I have generally had better reliability from the TTI setup.

Looks like with TTI basepads, their spring, and follower I can get 23 with the 3G basepad or 24 if I tune the mag with their 4G basepad.

I have STI tubes with TTI 4G2 pads, spacers, spring, and follower. I get 23. If you get 24 in yours....teach me your ways.

Would 1 round in your pistol make a huge difference in 3 gun?

Most of the time no. If you have 20+ rounds in a mag you are usually fine. Not saying in every instance but like I said earlier reliability is the key. It will take more time to clear a jam than insert a new mag and one or two more rounds for me isn't worth it.

Are they calibrated to drop around the 165 PF? I'm debating on getting a 9 solely for 3 gun or getting a 40 that I can use in both 3 gun and USPSA. How often are low light matches conducted? I was looking at getting an STI with a rail.

Fowl shot, low light matches depend on the area but I can say I have yet to shoot one around here at all as they aren't around me at least. As to 40 vs 9mm. I would get the 40 and do run a 40 myself which is a 6 inch gun with the slide lightened quite a bit or a Glock 35 with a Zev topend I won. For me,I had the limited gun and didnt wanna buy a gun specifically for 3 gun. I load 40 minor for 3 gun down to 138 PF and it shoots every bit as flat and soft as a 9mm if not more so. It works better for steel thats set heavy and even a marginal hit will often bring the steel down. If I have something thats set real heavy or a spinner I simply use my 40 Major USPSA rounds. The only difference between how i run it for 3 gun and how i run it for uspsa is I run a 12.5 pound spring for the major and a 10 for the minor ammo but the 10 is fine for major as well if need be. The capacity difference in my 140s for the 40 and my open 140s in 9mm are 20 rounds of 40 vs 23 in 9mm. I have yet to run into a stage where the difference in those 3 rounds made a difference as I plan my stage plan around a reload if necessary thats a time neutral reload. In a 2011, the 40s are the easiest to have run, then the 9mms and then the 45s. On a 40, I can take a tube add grams springs and followers and a basepad and get 20 rounds without any adjusting. My open mag, I have had to install spacers and play with the feedlips to get the 100 percent reliable. As far as versatility, you get more bang for your buck out of a 40