Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Bullet Feeder?

I am wondering about the powder drop die they talk about. Why can't I use the regular powder drop belling die that is already in the machine? Does the Mr Bullet Feeder one expand the case differently so the bullet seats more firmly in the case?

Yes, their powder funnel expands the case so the bullet won't fall over as the shell plate rotates to the bullet seating die.

I am wondering about the powder drop die they talk about. Why can't I use the regular powder drop belling die that is already in the machine? Does the Mr Bullet Feeder one expand the case differently so the bullet seats more firmly in the case?

Yes, their powder funnel expands the case so the bullet won't fall over as the shell plate rotates to the bullet seating die.

Yep. The MBF funnel does not "bell" the mouth of the case. It just expands the neck when properly adjusted. That adjustment varies depending on bullet type and weight in my experience. When you are really turning and burning on the 650 the bullet needs to drop far enough into the case to stay put. No more, no less. If it keeps falling off as the table spins then set it a little deeper.

That is good to hear! I was loading 223 yesterday and my hand started cramping. I have some 9mm bullets on the way. I figure I will see how many I can load and wether or not my hand will cramp with those. But, I am thinking of starting with the MBF in 223 first.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually decide pretty quick what I want, and just buy it, with bulletfeeders? not so much, very very few seem to run them here. Soooo gonna order a GSI for one of the 1050s setup in .40S&W and see, and proably a mr bulletfeeder for the other 1050 or other toolhead.. we will see! it wouldnt let me order direct, had to get a shipping quote.

Kinda stupid as I just dialed in my toolhead 100% perfectly, ohh well, its not that hard to do it again, damn I hate seating bullets, my svi is extremely picky, it can't even bee the tiniest bit crooked, or it wont work.

Only reason I want GSI is jmorris' videos... sooo if any one at gsi is reading this, he's doing the marketing you should be doing.

well.. was going GSI, but went mrbulletfeeder.. and kinda loving it

The currencies and such made getting it locally like $100 cheaper than from doublealpha as and way way cheaper than gsi sadly, I even got both 45acp and .40S&W kits then.

gotto say the mrbulletfeeder was fast to setup!

since I run a 1050 with swage/expander, my 40 brass would just take the bullets perfectly and each round seems to be 100% straight, when I do it by hand.. noooot so straight. Im amazed at the bullethold they get as well, I can shake it upside down and drop it on floor without bullet going out, no need to use the mrbulletfeeder powder die to expand. so I was up and running within 30 minutes!

Ive run 1000 rounds so far, flawless and fast.

Edited by ano

Well, I had a moment of weakness and bought a Glock 17 G4 instead of a bullet feeder. I figured I really am not loading enough or shooting enough to justify the expense. Also, if my hand starts cramping up again while reloading it is just time to stop. Also, if I don't like the Glock I could sell it and that would be some seed money for the Mr. Bullet feeder.

It might be a good thing also as my case-feed-slider on my 650 just starting coming off of the platform track on the down stroke. It just happened out of the blue. WTF? So, I guess I will try adjusting the caming pin? I have loaded may thousands of rounds without having to adjust this though. But, I did recently get a new platform, so, who knows.

Well, I had a moment of weakness and bought a Glock 17 G4 instead of a bullet feeder. I figured I really am not loading enough or shooting enough to justify the expense. Also, if my hand starts cramping up again while reloading it is just time to stop. Also, if I don't like the Glock I could sell it and that would be some seed money for the Mr. Bullet feeder.

I understand and did the same. I loaded for 25 years before I ever had a press with a bullet feeder.

The reality is that I can load 100 rounds on a 30 year old SD in 9:30 or so and can load 100 rounds on my PLC controlled autodrive 1050 in 5 minutes.

If I wanted more guns, I bought them, once I didn't "need" anything else I started getting "other stuff".

If there were one "right" answer for any question there would be one press and one gun to pic from.

I ran 170gr LSWC with regular lube in the grove through my 10mm/.40S&W setup it dropped every single one the right way, seated every correct, and didnt drop any doubles.. so Id say thats promising!

going to buy a dedicated one for lead and 105gr .38spl and .45acp loads now.

All I've used is coated bullets in my bullet feeder. I love it.

I was really slow at seating bullets by hand. I get triple the output now. With the machine loaded up I can do 100 rounds in 5 minutes 30.

I hate reloading so the time saving was worth the cash for me.

I usually load 4000 rounds over a quiet weekend which keeps me stocked up for about 2 to 3 months. I'll shoot it all before loading again.

Edited by dansedgli