Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

See through walls

de03x7

I have to toss this out there. At range E11even, all the walls are snow barriers. In reality most of the time you can see all the targets setup. So if I draw and lock out the pistol with finger inside trigger guard from start box and aim my way through the course, am I DQed? IMHO - I would DQ me.

My personal opinion is it's not a black/white issue. I'm perfectly ok with your finger inside the trigger guard just before the target becomes available, but not ok with it being inside the trigger guard several yards (or seconds) before the target is available. FWIW, i would apply the same thinking to opaque walls. All the best shooters still have their gun up and aiming before the target actually becomes visible.

It's all a matter of degrees. At 181 degrees I'm rarely sure that someone broke the 180, at 195 or so it becomes a very easy call depending on my position and assignment.....

Same thing with moving along walls, not being able to engage a target, and finger on the trigger....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the finger is inside the trigger guard while moving, DQ as per the rules. If bringing the gun up to about to engage a target aiming at the target and you placing your finger on the trigger? With this said, the speed at which we go at this game, you cannot guess one way or the other if there is a DQ. It has be very apparent. You cannot tell 180 or 185 but 195 or 200 degrees yes. As the RO, it must be very clear of the application of the rules. We do not have the luxury (or want the expense or delays) of instant replay. It happens pretty fast. The more experience you are then you can recognize the difference.

This was an interesting discussion.

Right-on Fuelie777.

I think it was Justice Stewart's comment on obscenity. "I know it when I see it".

So, OMG - Common sense enters into the call. My example above in my post was meant to be overly ridiculous, To try to make a point.

Two items: At Nationals this year the stages were designed to help the TV crews cover the action at the match, hence the wire mesh versus the snow fence.

Also: A "port" can be a barrel that the competitor shoot through. (That should eliminate looking through the mesh.)

Ranger6

(RO Stage 20)

Two items: At Nationals this year the stages were designed to help the TV crews cover the action at the match, hence the wire mesh versus the snow fence.

Also: A "port" can be a barrel that the competitor shoot through. (That should eliminate looking through the mesh.)

Ranger6

(RO Stage 20)

At which point I fire up the laser and look over the barrel...... :):)