Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

.40 1911 in L-10?

OscarMike

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm only planning on uspsa. I don't own a fishing vest yet ;) Right now I shoot limited minor with my 3 gun pistol. I'd like to shoot major something and this idea popped up to do either l10 or ss.

With single stack div I'm limited to 8 rounds of 40, right?

You are NOT limited to 8 rounds of 40. You are limited to 8 rounds of major. If you shoot 40 minor and the mags fit in the box you CAN load them to 10 rounds. As far as a single stack gun in 40 for L10, I know some loser named Rob L has shot one fairly well:-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Other comp's are basically idpa and steel

Steel isn't any problem and you can make a lighter load

idpa can'ts

no pinned deactivated grip safety , it has to work

no over length or oversize mag releases

weight and size of box are basically the same

I have an extra set of parts for idpa (i.e. grip safety that works and a mag release with out a paddle on it)

Nice thing with one gun and different mags you can shoot a 40 cal 1911 in L-10, SS, and IDPA. My mag release is drilled and tapped so it makes the switch easy. When I go to a super qualifier I usually just take one gun and shoot both divisions which is nice and really helps ramp up the scores.

• 3 weeks later...

I mainly shoot SS with a STI Trojan in .40. I run the Cory special Tripp mags, bodies are built for 10, but because of the followers I can fit 9 in them. I recently shot L10, I just switched the followers with the standard Tripp ones and boom my mag holds 10 rounds. Don't plan on shooting L10 often, but it's good to have an option.