Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternate Powder to use?

10ring

Really, to answer the question . . . there is no alternate powder that is somewhat available. Good luck finding any alternate period. You may get lucky finding some N105 in some little gun store somewhere. In general, we're all sol here.

Winchester powders seem to be trickling in a bit more lately then others. I have seen auto comp at 2 of the gun stores local to me over the last 2 months. 1 has actually had a bunch of titegroup, wst,varget, reloader 15 and power pistol come through in that time as well.

Hs-6 silhouette and auto comp are my favorites for open.

Edited by kitestir

4756, if you already have a large quantity, as it is due to be discontinued this year by Hodgdon.

I really like 4756 and when I heard it was being discontinued I was able to find 16lbs from a small gun store in New York selling on Gun Broker. Now with the 20 lbs I already had I might just be set for a long time.

Oh, and don't even tell me there may be something else out there I'd like, I'm invested now.

Edited by TerryO

I'd jump at the chance to pick up 16 pounds of SR4756 (at a decent price) and am a little bummed it is going away.

In a super I think it is one of the best powders with 124gr and up bullets. A little too compressed for my tastes with 115 gr bullets.

I'd jump at the chance to pick up 16 pounds of SR4756 (at a decent price) and am a little bummed it is going away.

In a super I think it is one of the best powders with 124gr and up bullets. A little too compressed for my tastes with 115 gr bullets.

Yep, I find 9.1 grains under a 121 MG IFP at an OAL of 1.234" works great. 179ish PF and lots of gas to work the comp.