Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta is starting to make 92G pistols again

NuJudge

Because of the safety regularly accidentally getting pushed on during jam clearance drills using my 92FS, I looked high and low for a 92G when I heard of them. Eventually, I found a Police surplus 96G, then a Police surplus 92G.

I noticed a post on another forum last week where a Beretta dealer was advertising new 92G pistols, and I bought one. Normal price, no premium. No markings like the Police surplus pistols.

If you like these decock-only pistols, run and get one.

A new Beretta competition pistol is rumored to be on the way. "G" and more. Possibly in October.

This has me intrigued. Do you know any more about it? Based on the Elite II, or totally different? Do you have a link to the article?

A guy at IDPA yesterday told me he was told he wouldn't be allowed to shoot a Beretta 92 that had the safety changed out to be a decocker-only. If this is available as a factory option as the 92G, wouldn't it be a legal modification on a 92F for IDPA SSP?

• 3 weeks later...

A new Beretta competition pistol is rumored to be on the way. "G" and more. Possibly in October.

Unless it has a Brigadier slide - nothing to see here. :lol:

Im going on record as saying (HA) that the gun will have an elite II frame, an elite II slide but a combat/stock barrel bushing.

Why not take advantage of the ridiculous accushadow craze?

Then again, this is more wishful thinking than anything.

• 3 weeks later...

There's plenty of info out there if you look.

So far this is what we've got:

1. A Wilson Combat Specific release dubbed the 92G Brigadier Tactical. (name subject to change)

2. A re-release of 92 Brigadiers on a standard 92 frame with hogue wrap around grips (limited run supposedly priced in the mid 600 dollar range)

3. A re-release of the 92G Vertec and possibly a 92 Vertec. These pistols were both displayed at the AUSA show.

Here's some additional information on what may be released shortly. Since I'm not allowed to post a link, here is a brief summary:

Beretta 92FS Brigadiers

"There are only 500 with 15 rd mags and 350 with 10 rd mags being sold. Minimum advertised pricing (MAP) is $748 on these pistols, with an MSRP of $825.

Possibly some Vertecs in Inox too."

Edited by xotech

There's plenty of info out there if you look.

So far this is what we've got:

1. A Wilson Combat Specific release dubbed the 92G Brigadier Tactical. (name subject to change)

2. A re-release of 92 Brigadiers on a standard 92 frame with hogue wrap around grips (limited run supposedly priced in the mid 600 dollar range)

3. A re-release of the 92G Vertec and possibly a 92 Vertec. These pistols were both displayed at the AUSA show.

I've Google searched Beretta Competition and USPSA guns, and I don't find anything on a new competition specific, potential Production approved gun from Beretta.

Edited by JGus

Jgus,

Beretta is run by clowns.

There are NO new models except maybe whatever is going to be a Wilson exclusive.

They're simply re-releasing stuff that should already be in their current production lineup.