Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow

Boyeraz

Someone on an IDPA Facebook thread today posted that some 9 person IDPA committee just ruled that the ACCU was not legal for any IDPA division.

I really hope he was wrong because I can't understand how they would have come to that conclusion.

Someone on an IDPA Facebook thread today posted that some 9 person IDPA committee just ruled that the ACCU was not legal for any IDPA division.

I really hope he was wrong because I can't understand how they would have come to that conclusion.

Would it be insensitive to say Who Cares?

Would it be insensitive to say Who Cares?

Yeah ... But who cares if it's insensitive? lol

That would make sense, since IDPA rules are specifically designed to discourage speed and progress. And an accurate gun will surely get you killed on the streets.

Is Accu Shadow legal for production?

it is legal to if you purchase the accu shadow

it is not legal if you send a shadow back to cz to have them add this feature

Sorry to say all Accu Shadow's are built/modified by CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ. Even the Shadow Custom is built by CZ Custom.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-accu-shadow-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

Edited by Boyeraz

Sorry to say all Accu Shadow's are built/modified by CZ Custom in Mesa, AZ. Even the Shadow Custom is built by CZ Custom.

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-sp-01-accu-shadow-9mm-black-3x18-rd-mags-by-cz-custom/

Yes you are correct

But you cannot take your shadow and send it back to them and have them make it accushadow and it be legal, that is an external modification

Buy it from them yes, own a shadow and send it back for this no.

Yes you are correct

But you cannot take your shadow and send it back to them and have them make it accushadow and it be legal, that is an external modification

Buy it from them yes, own a shadow and send it back for this no.

Ok, what about any shadow mods like Shadow Custom? CZ Sends the Guns to CZ Custom and then CZ Custom sells the guns local and back to CZ. So Whats Legal and not Legal. looks Like I am buying Glock. Better yet look at CZ USA it says the guns are made by CZ Custom???

Then this rule is BS because all CZ Production guns are sent to CZ Custom for added futures.

Edited by Boyeraz

Jake, just curious and I am certainly not advocating people do it but if John Q Shooter rolls up to a stage with an Accu how do I as RO know if it was purchased that way or retrofitted?

you can't

same as if someone has a Glock 17 and they put a 34 slide on it

it is not legal, but can you tell it by looking at it

Edited by JakeMartens

Thanks man. That was kind of what I thought.

I am 99% sure that there are no additional markings on the slide that say accu shadow.

At least not from what I have seen on them.

I got to check Minks guns out at Area 4, and it was a sweet gun, and the trigger was amazing on it

and I could have ordered 1 for $2050 shipped to my ffl just like his.

I looked down at my limited and pretty sure I don't have that much in it

The I remember that first SP01 I sent to Angus in 2006, it was $500 and had $150 trigger job....

Yeah, that is the price of a .40 CTS. I have the SRT and EERW 3.5/1.5 trigger job in my Shadow and it is stunning.

Personally I think all you need is a Shadow with the SRT.

you are about a grand on one then

I would swear some dude won a couple national championships with a gun that probably has a worse trigger than a stock shadow.

I don't think I would sweat the small stuff too much. Sure, you can spend as much as you feel like, but I certainly don't feel outgunned with a sub $1k gun.

Yeah, that is the price of a .40 CTS. I have the SRT and EERW 3.5/1.5 trigger job in my Shadow and it is stunning.

Personally I think all you need is a Shadow with the SRT.

you are about a grand on one then

I would swear some dude won a couple national championships with a gun that probably has a worse trigger than a stock shadow.

I don't think I would sweat the small stuff too much. Sure, you can spend as much as you feel like, but I certainly don't feel outgunned with a sub $1k gun.

Totally agree. This is all just tinkering which I consider part of the hobby. Still, I just came back from running my Production gun and while it may not have moved me up a single place...... damn I love that trigger! :P