Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chiappa Rhino

Metallurgist

I shot the snubby with .357 ammo. There was no muzzle lift, it was really cool.

On the other hand, the trigger pull was heavier at the beginning than at the rear. This made it very difficult to shoot quickly and accurately.

I'm intrigued by the possibilities of running one of these in ICORE classic division, but I'm waiting for a used one to come through the ship at the right price.

I have seen one or two pictures of the internals, if you are a clock maker you might be able to modify one. There are just a ton of moving parts inside of the Rhino. The concept is really cool, but I don't know how long that many parts would hold up to the abuse of action pistol competition.

I have handled and shot them a few times. I have tried to keep an open mind about them but I just don't like them. They feel really sloppy and cheesy, I've felt better actions on cap guns. One of the times that I shot them when they were doing a demo they supplied you with 110 gr frangible rounds which really wasn't the right ammo to give a fair depiction of what the lower barrel can do for recoil. I would have preferred to shoot it with some 158 gr FBI man killer rounds to test the effect of the low barrel.

I'd say to stay away from it. The recoil does feel reduced but the trigger pull is absolutely horrible. What's more concerning is the internals; it's a series of L-shaped hooks that all engage with each other. There's way too many small moving parts going on.

• 1 year later...

I would have assumed that the ones they put on demo and let us shoot at the IRC and the USPSA Nationals would of had their best trigger unless they weren't available then. A better feeling trigger still would not sell this gun to me.

• 5 weeks later...

I tried a Rhino for a while, spent a lot of time and money trying to get it to work, to no avail. I could not get a consistent trigger pull on all 6 shots. Some were awesome, some you had to use all your muscles just to get it to go off.

Carmonize!!

I'm not sure having someone dealing with car loans sprinkling fairy dust on the internals of this thing could fix that bundle of jigsaw pieces. My suggestion would be to fill it up with JB weld and use it as a paper weight. That would eliminate all the frustration of trying to get it to run.