Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man 3-Gun National Championship May 30-31, 2015 NRA Whittington Cen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got 3 stages on the ground today...the kind of muddy ground. I think you're going to like them!!!

It didn't rain on my head until tonight...hope the forecast on JJ's phone is righter than the forecast on mine!!

Like I said, bring rain gear, bug spray, sun screen...cover all the bases! The weather here has been crazy!!! :surprise:

Looking forward to seeing so many friends!!!

Gunslinger 2 (That's the restaurant in shotgun...they have a real, professional looking menu now) will be serving restaurant style dinner in Shotgun Friday and Saturday night. If you're one of those who really likes it, talk to them about Sunday! :devil:

See you soon!

:wub: Denise

Weather better today! A little spritzing, but roads dried out in the sunshine!!

Got a late start and did some non-stage building activities, but got some more stages done and laid out!

I know you will be so EXCITED to hear... it took us 4 plus hours to get "Shoots and Ladders" the way we wanted it, but it's going to be a hoot!!!

I know you all LOVE our ladders :devil: ...but, seriously, I am so looking forward to shooting this! :goof:

See you all soon!!! Don't forget to email me your waivers!

My ammo has been shown to be in Mountainaire. Looking forward to seeing all my friends.

Yes it is here! I'm loading it in the truck now.

Cya Thursday?

My ammo has been shown to be in Mountainaire. Looking forward to seeing all my friends.

Yes it is here! I'm loading it in the truck now.

Cya Thursday?

Nanci, Thursday afternoon.

yeppers Thursday afternoon...

Congratulations to:

He-Man Iron - Kuan Watson - 1st, Mike Payne - 2nd, Curtis Brotherston - 3rd

Top Iron Law - Kuan Watson, Top Iron Military - Curtis Brotherston, Top Senior - JJ Johnson, Top Super Senior - Glenn Pointer

He-Man Scope - Jared Millinazzo - 1st, Tate Moots - 2nd, Benito Martinez - 3rd

Top Scope Law - Tate Moots, Top Scope Military - Rich Boyes, Senior - Mike Griswold, Super Senior - Don Bednorz, Top Lady - Diana Driscoll

Top wee-man - Craig Calkins who was top law, Top Military wee-man and Super Senior - Jim Roberts, Top Junior - Maize, Top Senior - Bill Lhotta, Top Lady - Erika Sanderson

Complete results are up! http://outlaw3gunchallenge.webs.com/

Thanks to our amazing staff and the NRA Whittington Center and all the wonderful shooters that came to join us!

Check out facebook for more pictures!!!!

Oh yes, Tate Moots and Kuan Watson return as top Law for the Eddie Rhodes Memorial Trophy!! Thanks so much to Vicki Carlton for bringing the trophy!

edited because I can't type!

Edited by Benelli Chick

Thank you to JJ and Denise for putting on another outstanding match. You guys are awesome and you do a great job. Match organization was excellent and every little detailed seemed to be covered. The stages were really good as well. I don't know how you guys come up with some many new and original stages, event after event. I especially like the shotgun stage this year and I don't know why, but I also really like stage 2 with shotgun/rifle. Thank you to all of the sponsors too! JP, DPMS, Burris, Nightforce, Magpul, Eggleston Munitions, Rocky Mountain Targets, Hornady, Brownells, Mossberg, and... I'm sure there are a few others I am forgeting.

I'm already looking forward to next year.

Edited by co-exprs

I arrived at Manchester this afternoon, to 49 degrees and rain. What a difference from Raton!

I want to thank Denise and JJ for putting the match together, and all those that take the time and work the match.

The match had a lot of rifle challenges at rifle distances, with lot's of weird stage props / supports, (park type bench, lots of step ladders, a flight of stairs, and the rocks of Raton). Buzzer induced dementia is making me dislike the sporting clays from hell a bit more, and can I find a place that carries oxygen bottles????

I made more friends ( I Hope!) with the shooters of squad 7 that I had the pleasure of shooting with, and it's always good to see friends that I'm only able to, once or twice a year. They are from Denise and JJ, to regular staff members and old and new competitors.

On a technical note, I'd like to that Sierra Bullets for their wonderful Match King bullets, the 135 grain .308 in particular, which performed well out to the pink 620 yard target on stage 3, one squeeze, one hit off a silly step ladder for a rest! No, I have no connection with Sierra Bullets, except as a happy paying customer.

I second Mike and Dan's comments. I had an amazing time, enjoyed shooting with you Dan and the rest of squad 7. I appreciate all the hard work the R.Os, and the Johnsons put into the match. I also wanted to thank all the sponsors. Looking forward to next year!

Got almost 2000 (maybe more) pictures of this year's match at: http://rm3gun.smugmug.com/

Feel free to join our Facebook Group - He-Man Nationals

Be sure to thank ALL the amazing sponsors!!! Their support is so appreciated and valued!

Thanks, also, to the staff for their hard work! They stayed happy and worked so hard!!!

Thanks to the shooters who did the same!! You all rock!

Whoops!!! Scheduling snafu!!!

He-Man 3-Gun Nationals will be held..oh poop, I don't know when. :angry2:

The June weekend, we would be unable to get rooms for shooters or staff.

Memorial Day weekend (May 28-29, 2016) is available

May 21-22, 2016 is available - but that is the NRA show...

I don't know if May 14-15 will work right now, but I can look into that.

Sorry for the misinformation!!! NRAWC needed to move us!

Any input would be appreciated!

Edited by Benelli Chick

I think we have made a decision!

It is difficult finding time at such an amazing facility where there aren't other matches.

So far, He-Man hasn't found it's home weekend yet. We had 5th Sunday this year, and Mother's Day last year!!!

Well, enough about that!

Just solidified scheduling for May 14-15, 2016 for He-Man 3-Gun Nationals at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM!

Not against Zombies, Ironmen or NRA!! :goof:

Mark your calendars!