Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man 3-Gun National Championship May 30-31, 2015 NRA Whittington Cen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rocky Mountain 3 Gun requires that the base of cinched mags must be offset by 2 inches in divisions other than open. He Man had the same rules. They are allowing them to be even, along with bipods. I had something to do with someone putting a big base on a pair of mags in the past, I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent everyone an email. Carbon Arms http://www.carbonarms.us/ has offered a discount to the participants of this match on shotgun loading gizzies like pinwheels and backbones etc. THANK-YOU Carbon Arms! :bow:

As you know, you MAY see a high round count shotgun stage, so if you need extra storage for those pesky shells, make sure to check your email. If for some reason, you didn't get your email, just let me know and I will send you the information!!!

Stage plotting, design will begin in March when we hike around and JJ listens to the mountains! We are hoping most of this snow will be gone so that we can SEE what's there and don't have a stage where you run through a large pit! :devil:

I still have a FEW slots, but we are close to full. Lot's more He-Men Iron this year for more competition!! :goof:

:wub: Denise

• 1 month later...

First time shooting the He-man and I'm stoked! First time flying to match as well...

Any idea on the total round count I should plan on? As well, what is the max number of shotgun shells that could be needed on any given stage? Thanks

I think I brought close to 300 of each last year and that was enough even after UPS stole some while it was in transit. :angry2:

Expect a shotgun stage with a minimum round count in the 40's.

Keeping in mind, things change, the best laid plans of mice and men etc...At this time, in our plans, not on the ground yet...

Rifle - 57 steel, 24 paper

Pistol - 52 steel, 22 paper

Birdshot - 72

Slugs - 12

NO Buckshot again

You will need a SLING for BOTH rifle and shotgun!

Hope that helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Slightly more specific. BUT, PLEASE bring shotgun sling as well...(we're waffling) and we may up the slugs to lower reset as we are basically, full and won't have any empty squads this year and we want to keep things moving!!! :goof:

Stage 1 – 3-Gun – 10 rifle steel out to 500 yds, 12 birdshot, 4 slugs, 6 pistol steel, 6 pistol paper.

Stage 2 – Shotgun/Rifle – 20 birdshot, 4 slugs, 10 rifle steel out to 300 yards

Stage 3 – Rifle – 18 rifle steel, out to 600 yds, 10 paper

Stage 4 – 3-Gun - 5 rifle steel, 5 rifle paper, 10 bird, 15 pistol gongs, 10 pistol paper

Stage 5 – shotgun/pistol - 32 birdshot, 12 pistol steel

Stage 6 – rifle/pistol – 6 rifle steel, 6 rifle paper, 6 pistol steel, 6 pistol paper

Stage 7 – pistol/rifle – 12 pistol steel, 4 pistol paper, 8 rifle steel, 8 rifle paper

Rifle – 96 targets – 125 rounds with 2 shots on paper one on steel

Pistol – 77 targets – 107 rounds with 2 shots on paper one on steel

Birdshot – 72 targets

Slugs – 8 slugs

Definitely Rifle sling, maybe shotgun sling!!! :devil:

We're getting excited and are looking forward to seeing you all soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just sent out an email to shooters (most shooters -- I'm afraid I have a little brain death) with information on registration and waivers!!!

Been working on finalizing the match booklet and stage designs. I think we've got a little match coming for you!!!

He-Man is certainly sneaking up on me!
Wanted to remind you all of the schedule:
Staff shoot is May 28-29.
Registration is May 29 at the Eagle's Nest from noon - 1700.
Late registration is May 30 0615-0645.
Shooter's Briefing is at the Eagles' Nest at 0645 on May 30!
The He-Man Challenge Shoot-Off side shoot is May 30 at approximately 1600. Cost is $20. All the money goes to the winner! Shooters shoot 4 on Saturday (plus the shoot-off, if they're interested) and 3 stages on Sunday!
We plan to start awards about 1500 on Sunday!
If you have time, would love it if you would go to: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/id21.html
Get the waiver, sign it and email it to me or bring it with you signed!!!
(I know, it didn't work great last year, but I thought I'd try again!)
We've got some great stages for you. Two of them are in places no one has ever shot 3-Gun before...one of them NO ONE has shot there before!!
Any questions, just email me! ---- heman3gun@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ready to go!! Hoping it's not too soggy for set-up!

Temps are "supposed" to be nice, but be sure to bring gear for ALL weathers!!

Wind, rain, sun, cool, bugs!!!

Sunscreen, bug spray, rain gear, bring it ALL!!!!

Think we've got some good stages for you!!

SPOILER ALERT - Stage 3 is called "Shoots and Ladders!"

Bwahahahahahaha!!! :wub: