Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WST vs CFE, which one better?

e-mishka

i use wst with my 40 loads for my 2011. 4.7 just barely makes pf with a moly 180 that i have been using. 5.0 got me 172 pf. in my testing, i found that after about 5.2, stuffing more wst in there did not really move the bullet much faster.

Accuracy with WST is good. I have a friend that swears by CFE. needs more powder than WST to get the same PF though. About 10-12% more with the same bullet

i use wst with my 40 loads for my 2011. 4.7 just barely makes pf with a moly 180 that i have been using. 5.0 got me 172 pf. in my testing, i found that after about 5.2, stuffing more wst in there did not really move the bullet much faster.

Accuracy with WST is good.

Seems my results were very close to this as well 4.7 was getting me 168PF with coated bullets and 5.1 was 174pf @ 1.180" oal. The 4.7 load is fun to shoot an very accurate.

WST with a 200 gr Bayou runs real soft 4.0 to 4.2 will get you from 167 to 175 in my 40's I run longer COL 1.185 cause it will shoot out off the para, sti and SS gun at that length.

4.8 in a 180 gr make PF but I use another powder for my 180 load and only when I'm out of 200's