Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SJC 11 port comp for minor?

fp45liberator

The gun should run fine with the comp. The comp will have no bearing on the function of the slide. For the comp to function as designed, a slow burning powder like Winchester Auto Comp (WAC) with a light bullet such as 115 to 125 gr will work fine. It seems a lot of people like the 124's because it gives them a little more room in the case after the powder is added. I run 13 # springs on my guns. I do know of several people using 11 # springs and they work fine. You can do an additional search under 9 mm Major and find numerous loads that would help you out.

I'm having trouble. The rig is a Glock 17 Gen 3 with SJC 11 port comp, along with an SJC C-More mount. Even with 11# springs I'm still getting one out of 10 shells jammed between the slide and the SJC mount. At first I thought it was the recoil spring, but now I don't know what to do. It seems to run fine with hotter ammo and 15# springs, but with minor loads it chokes. What should I be looking at? I'm running 124 berrys over 4.0 Titegroup at 1.10. The load is accurate and comes in at around 137 PF.

Do you think I should look at my extractor?

Thanks for helping out an open Newbie.

Edited by walstien

That compensator works with major loads the best otherwise you are going to have FTE and if you go below an 11lb recoil spring the slide is not going to lock consistently. I suggest change your compensator to shoot minor.

I think I'll take it back to the range and try to run it without a comp. If it runs without the comp I'll know its the comp that needs to be changed. Also, I suppose I can try getting to around 150 pf, but at that point I suppose I should just try for Major.

If it's for uspsa i would try for major. That compensator especially was made for major where their 5 port comp is for major and minor. 9mm major is weird in that it actually shoots flatter than 9mm minor if there is a decent comp on the gun and gets you major scoring as well

If you wanna use minor I would make the round longer and add more powder to get the PF. 1.1 is very short for a glock. 1.145-1.155 is where it should be

Edited by EkuJustice

The my SJC comp is on a Factory Glock barrel that was threaded. I don't know the thread pitch Buss.

I ran to the range today and tried the gun without the comp and it ran like a top.... so I guess it was the comp.

I only intend to run minor - does anyone have a recommendation for a good comp for minor?

If you could send me some pictures of your comp I would be willing to trade a 5 port sjc comp for your 11. They recommend the 11port for major only and the 5 for major/minor. Pm me if your interested.

The my SJC comp is on a Factory Glock barrel that was threaded. I don't know the thread pitch Buss.

I ran to the range today and tried the gun without the comp and it ran like a top.... so I guess it was the comp.

I only intend to run minor - does anyone have a recommendation for a good comp for minor?

9/16 32 TPI is the thread pitch of the SJC and Carver Comps.