Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ZEV G17 Dragonfly

RangerTrace

I've been wanting one of this guns since the first time I saw one in person at a local gun shop. Last week I practically stole this brand new one off of gunbroker. FWIW, it's just for work. I'm still (and always will be) a die hard Infinity guy when it comes to competitive shooting...

IMG_2256_zps7054d38f.jpg

IMG_2260_zps1c1866cf.jpg

Edited by SV-COP

Wait...

You replaced your double stack 9 with the SS .45 back in February. Now you downgraded from your SS to the glock? :mellow:

It's not going to look at sharp in a tooled leather rig. ;)

You're making a lot of assumptions right there Amigo. The SS Infinity is still on my list of work guns and I will carry it any and every time I need to look "Rangerly". This pistol is carried in a Safariland ALS paddle with TTI base plates. So, I've got 40 rounds of 9mm on me with the pistol and one mag. The ZEV will never see a tooled holster, while it does ride on a tooled belt......

Thanks!! Kevin Johnson made those for me. He's one of two people in the County authorized to make our Ranger badges.

I swore I'd never carry a Glock as a Ranger simply because it didn't look right to me. But, after years of carrying heavy 1911s, it kinda nice to have a 22oz pistol on my hip. And, with the ALS holster, it's just kinda neutral. The gun doesn't really stand out at all.

Edited by SV-COP

Those grips are beauties! I also love the machining that Zev does on their slides... I wish they could get their stippling guys on par though... I've also thought their stippling looks like they had a 15 minutes time limit.

Btw, you said it was a steal, just curious what you got it for??

Those grips are beauties! I also love the machining that Zev does on their slides... I wish they could get their stippling guys on par though... I've also thought their stippling looks like they had a 15 minutes time limit.

Thanks, I'm hoping to receive the grips today....

I got the ZEV BNIB off of Gunbroker for $1350. Expensive for a Glock I know, but it the dealer in my area can't even buy them from ZEV for that and they retail for $1800ish.

Thanks, I'm hoping to receive the grips today....

I got the ZEV BNIB off of Gunbroker for $1350. Expensive for a Glock I know, but it the dealer in my area can't even buy them from ZEV for that and they retail for $1800ish.

$1350 is a GREAT price!! I hope you enjoy it! [emoji106]

You're right about the stippling. Taran's looks much better in photos.....

• 7 months later...

I met the Director of Sales last week at a SWAT Conference in the DFW area and he sent me this ZEV Match Grade Barrel for my Dragonfly.....I'm looking forward to doing some testing and evaluation against the KKM and stock Glock barrels.

IMG_2700_zpsdtj0xa4q.jpg

IMG_2701_zpswezyybps.jpg

IMG_2702_zpsgpzfs04t.jpg

IMG_2706_zpsps79ep1s.jpg