Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DPMS Panther Arms 3GN Midwest Regional Championship

• 2 weeks later...

I shot a staging table with my shotgun. All guns were staged chamber hot, I failed at gun safety rule #3.

There were a lot of pistols abandoned with manual safeties off. One shotgun staging barrel that was executed on the LAMR, I saw a 180 violation, but don't know about the other 10.

I shot a staging table with my shotgun. All guns were staged chamber hot, I failed at gun safety rule #3.

There were a lot of pistols abandoned with manual safeties off. One shotgun staging barrel that was executed on the LAMR, I saw a 180 violation, but don't know about the other 10.

You shot the HELL outta that table. in court, I will testify on your behalf that the table wasn't as innocent as everyone makes it out to be tho! :cheers:

I thought the stages were great, often simple tests of skill without being overly complicated or requiring a big stage plan, then slightly more technical stages with tests of skill that mattered slightly less while requiring you to execute a good stage plan. Fresh paint was the had often, target presentation was excellent and with the exception of a couple harder to see slug targets there was no issue knowing where targets where and what they could be shot with. I like the paint determinations for steel targets (orange = pistol/rifle, white = pistol/shotgun), but I would probably suggest a different color than black for slug steel since it is easily lost against the tree line or in the woods.

I had one issue with the match, and it was with one particular shooter....ME. I will tell you one thing about these types of stages, being able to shoot and load all guns while moving will only get you so far....you better have a GOOD plan for the stage and your mind ready to execute it without missing, passing up shooting lanes, landmarks, or forgetting targets...or it's going to hurt!

Good match with varied stages. Fun and no tricks/gimmicks. I was worried about the 400 yard stage since I dont have access to nearly that range, but the good old ballistic calculator seems to be dead nuts.

Also thanks to whoever that guy was that shoveled 3 tons of gravel/wood chips by hand to try and fix up the stages after the downpour.

Great stages that were challenging- the rain made some stages very muddy and presented a safety issue in some instances. Driving some of the roads was also challenging due to the mud. Prize table was excellent.