Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Scope setup for a Colt fixed handle

Youngeyes

I have been down this road. You can get an extended cheek pad that get your head closer to the correct position for the scope (I thought I had one somewhere but can't find it right now).

The biggest issue I had with that setup is the scope it so high that your point of impact on closer targets was way low and I never feet like I found a good compromise with sight in distance.

Of you see obey shooting to 200 I recommend looking at the C-More scout sight adapter. It essential cowhitnesses the dot with the your irons.

I have a Colt Match Hbar and want to put on a scope for 100-200 yds. It has a fixed handle. What should I be looking at?

A flat top upper :goof:

That is what I ended up doing in the long run.

Thanks for the advise. I like the flat upper option. I'm not a gunsmith. How much work to remove my barrel and set it for the new upper? Will the new uppers fit a pre ban Colt? If I stayed with my set-up what scope is recommended? What eyerelief? What mag is good for the 100-200yds? I'm getting 2-3" groups at 100 yds with the iron sights. I'm sure I can do better once I get used to them. I'm new to A/R platforms. I load 69 gr BTHP sierras with 24gr H-4895. Accuarate load for me. I'd like to see the gun shoot to potential and thought I'd cheat with a scope. All help is appreciated.

Put the rifle in the safe and get another one.

I have another one. :)

Lots of good advice here. Swapping out the upper is pretty easy and requires a few tools. Receiver block or a Geissele reaction rod, barrel nut wrench and some punches. I'll bet that there is a video of how to do online somewhere in Youtube.

Flat top is the way to go; so much more versatile. Good Luck.