Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Gulf Coast Multi-Gun Championship April 10-12 2015

Just completed my payment today, looking forward to it. Are rifle targets still planned at 100 & 200?

And just curious, what kind of targets do you use for your long distance rifle?

Yes max targets for rifle will be 200 yard. Still working on stage designs but most likely c zone silhouettes, & 8" & 10" flashers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the longest rifle shot that you anticipate there being? Trying to decide b/w TI and TO. Can't wait to shoot this match.

Yes max targets for rifle will be 200 yard. Still working on stage designs but most likely c zone silhouettes, & 8" & 10" flashers.

Got my NEW barrel in and sighted in.

WOW what a difference, here I just thought I was getting OLD :roflol:

Last straw was, at the last match I had keyholes at 3 yards :surprise: , odd thing I was still getting hits on 2/3 IPSC at 300

Just wouldn't hold a group.

200yds BRING IT ! :P

Got my NEW barrel in and sighted in.

WOW what a difference, here I just thought I was getting OLD :roflol:

Last straw was, at the last match I had keyholes at 3 yards :surprise: , odd thing I was still getting hits on 2/3 IPSC at 300

Just wouldn't hold a group.

200yds BRING IT ! :P

Glad you got it worked out Matt.

And we are very happy to have Tooth And Nail Armory as a Stage sponsor.

• 3 weeks later...

I got an e mail this week from Rick Lilly. It said he was no longer involved with this match or any other matches at the club. I figured it would be followed up by something from the club putting it on, but never heard anything else.

Is there any other information?

Hello all,

We would like to assure everyone we will have the shoot as scheduled. We will still need all the ROs and others as originally planned, we would like all of you to contact the club to discuss details. We are in a transition process right now, so please be patient. The timing is such with the holidays that even though we are working diligently to address all the needed elements of this shoot, it may be right after the new year that any big news is released. The club management is experienced and dedicated to putting on shoots that will draw shooters to return to the club. We do not typically use a forum to address business, so you can expect more formal communication in the form of emails from the club email address in the future.

thank you,

Craig Cook, manager CCPRC and Byron Hough, President of the Board CCPRC

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about shooting this match, but I have heard rumors that you do not have a Match Director or any staff. Those of us who have not signed up yet will not get any e-mail notifications from you. I have not seen any announcements or news on your website.

I'm signed up for the match and haven't received any e-mail notifications either. We're less than 100 days from start and there's not an MD identified yet. When shooters / customers pay for a Major match, there's a certain level of expectation that those running the match will communicate with their customers. This being a new Major match, the expectation of communications is even higher since the match hasn't yet established any sort of reputation.

Given the lack of communications and absence of a Match Director, my current confidence-level that this match will be worth my time and money is not high. If the club doesn't identify a new MD within the next two weeks, then I plan to withdraw.

A detailed note posted here on Enos would go a long way to reassuring everyone that the match is under control.

I'm signed up for the match and haven't received any e-mail notifications either. We're less than 100 days from start and there's not an MD identified yet. When shooters / customers pay for a Major match, there's a certain level of expectation that those running the match will communicate with their customers. This being a new Major match, the expectation of communications is even higher since the match hasn't yet established any sort of reputation.

Given the lack of communications and absence of a Match Director, my current confidence-level that this match will be worth my time and money is not high. If the club doesn't identify a new MD within the next two weeks, then I plan to withdraw.

A detailed note posted here on Enos would go a long way to reassuring everyone that the match is under control.

Us too. Not happy about this.

Gerrit & Nick

Regrettably, I am withdrawing from this match. I am going to shoot another match that I know will meet my expectations. I wish everyone the best and I hope this match goes wonderfully!

The previous post was solely intended to inform the 3Gun community of the current status of the match, nothing else. However, upon reflection, I have decided to remove it and simply suggest that anyone interested in the match, contact the club for updates as match day approaches.

Edited by zeropointsdown

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard nothing from these people going on 2 weeks now. Given their lack of response, along with the fact that they have not announced a match director, I am going to spend my travel/major match money someplace else. I will be very leery of even trying one of their monthly matches. Too bad, for a while it looked like they had a good thing going.

• 2 weeks later...

The 3-gun match scheduled for April 10-12 has been cancelled due to extenuating circumstances and match director changes. CCPRC will reorganize our ability to support a 3-Gun agenda and return to these type of events in the near future.

Full refunds will be processed for those that have paid. If you paid by credit card you can receive a refund on the card you paid with by calling (with your card in hand) the club (361-852-1212) on Wednesday 1/21 or Thursday 1/22 between 2:30 and 5:00 pm or by calling on Saturday 1/24 between 9:30 am and 5:00 pm or on Sunday 1/25 between 9:30 and 3:00 pm. Those that paid by check and anyone that paid by credit card that has not called prior to Sunday 1/25 at 3:00 pm will be processed for a full refund by check which will be mailed by 1/28 using the name and address we have on file when you signed up for the match.

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your support.