Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

witness elite limited .40 load OAL

3djedi

I made a round that was 1.255" and dropped it in the barrel and it didn't jam up in the rifling. Geez, you can definitely load this thing long. Definitely would not fit in the magazine though. I tried 1.18" and that worked fine in the mag. I would like a round that would work in the tanfo as well as my glock 35 so that would necessitate a round probably no longer than 1.15" ..... I think I will try the go to glock size of 1.135" and see how she goes. I'm not married to that though because if the tanfo works out I will probably get rid of the glock 35........

I'm not sure but I think the longer you can load and get the bullet closer to the rifling the better accuracy you will get. Anybody know if this true?

Edited by 3djedi

I made a round that was 1.255" and dropped it in the barrel and it didn't jam up in the rifling. Geez, you can definitely load this thing long. Definitely would not fit in the magazine though...

I'm not sure but I think the longer you can load and get the bullet closer to the rifling the better accuracy you will get. Anybody know if this true?

I load at 1.23" OAL with 180 grain Bayous and BBIs in my Match and use 10mm magazines.

I think loading .030" or so from the rifling for accuracy makes sense in some rifles. But they use sandbags, high power scopes, benches, etc and we've got what six or seven inches between the iron sights and we usually don't take as much time lining up a shot perfectly. So as Nealio said...

The accuracy wouldn't be noticeable I wouldn't think