Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A1/A2 buffer with carbine gas

BobS761

My rifle runs great, but I'm not a fan of collapsable stocks. I'm either thinking of an ACE skeleton stock or Magpul MOE fixed, boh requiring an A1/A2 buffer tube. Will this be an issue with carbine length gas? I lean greatly to the "ain't broke, don't fix" philosophy, so I'm hesitant to swap.

Thanks!

I don't have one here to measure. Spikes makes and sells one but seems a bit pricey to me. You can determine the correct length by measuring the inside depth of a carbine buffer tube, then a rifle tube; the difference would be the length of the required spacer. It is installed at the rear of the buffer tube. It can be solid or hollow and made from delrin or aluminum. If it's hollow, it must have one end closed and be installed with the closed end forward (toward BCG).

JP provides a spacer with their Captured Buffer system for AR's so they can be used with either length tube. :cheers:

Just use the rifle buffer tube spring and buffer.

Dont play games with spacers and crap like that.

Carbines recoil is quite tame with rifle recoil system

Seems like a good plan! BTW, the rifle feels good now, don't know any other way to explain it. I just prefer a fixed stock.