Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deteriorating accuracy!

3djedi

I noticed in my last match more D's than usual. In my last couple of times at the range I left feeling unhappy because my performance was getting worse after a lot of dry fire practice. It just didn't make sense to me because I could see the sights lift when I shot and it was not hitting where I thought it should.

Today I went to the range and did some shots off a rest at 15 yards. The result were horrible. I did some off hand shots at 25y using a total suprise break and the shots were scattered all over the uspsa target.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to look for that might be causing such horrible groupings? When I first got the gun the 25y groups were 4-5" now its all over the place.

Gun has maybe 1000-1500 rounds through. Zev ultimate trigger. Dawson sights.

I'm using montana gold 180g JHP'S with 5.6g of cfe pistol

post-48839-140562491225_thumb.jpg

Maybe your eyeballs or glasses changed

It's difficult when something like this happens because then you lose confidence and get even worse

Do know about the eyeballs but definitely losing confidence!

But off a rest sights lined up on target at 15y should produce a pretty tight group!

Seems like it gets inconsistent accuracy lately. I used to get A zone hits in the head box at 10y....now seldomly. ....

Grip and trigger control aside...if the sights are lined up when the shot goes off it should hit.

I wonder if there is something screwy going on with my reloads. Next time I will try factory ammo AE or PMC as suggested.

Are you absolutely sure you didn't shoot that target with a shotgun?

If they weren't off of a rest, I'd say it was you.....most look low and left...typical when you yank on the glock trigger....100's of threads titled low and left...

But they are off a rest....Get a magnifying glass out, get some REALLY good light, and check the slide at the ejection port...it may be cracked...a cracked slide will definitely throw shots everywhere...and yes, they have cracked after that few amount of rounds....some go 100k, some go 2k....it happens...

I had the same problem over the last few months with accuracy getting bad. I tried factory ammo and still the same. Did some research and read somewhere that Glock has had some problems with the locking block. This caused inconsistent lock up which results in bad accuracy. I have not followed up with glock as of yet.

I tried a friends STI Edge and what a difference. Actually hit what I was shooting at. Bought one from Dawson. The first match with it and only 50 rounds of practice, I made a huge jump up the combined overalls, won one stage in my class, and had highest points on 5 of 6 stages.

Still don't know what's wrong with the Glock, but I do know it was not me.

Do a search for the locking block. That could be the problem.

Looks as if you may have develiped a flinch. Have you been shooting a .40 Glock very long?

I suppose anything is possible.

However, my glock has a combat hold. Fiber dot over the target. On the 15y rested target on the first page I was using a 6 O'clock hold. The top of the front sight was even with the bottom of the orange dot. That way I could gave a more consistent aim point. (My fiber dot would cover the whole orange dot at 15y)

I had the same problem over the last few months with accuracy getting bad. I tried factory ammo and still the same. Did some research and read somewhere that Glock has had some problems with the locking block. This caused inconsistent lock up which results in bad accuracy. I have not followed up with glock as of yet.

I tried a friends STI Edge and what a difference. Actually hit what I was shooting at. Bought one from Dawson. The first match with it and only 50 rounds of practice, I made a huge jump up the combined overalls, won one stage in my class, and had highest points on 5 of 6 stages.

Still don't know what's wrong with the Glock, but I do know it was not me.

Do a search for the locking block. That could be the problem.

I actually just bought a used tanfo witness elite limited. It's on the way. Can't wait to try it.

Did this locking block thing happen to gen 4's? I thought locking block issues was an M&P thing!

Did this locking block thing happen to gen 4's? I thought locking block issues was an M&P thing

Yes, I have a Gen 4 35. It never was very accurate and I thought for months it was me. I was not having much fun with it at the matches. Also have a 17L that has been a great gun and a joy to shoot. Have been a Glock fan for 25 years, now I don't know.

The gun is probably 3 months old. I first shot berry's plated bullets and got mediocre accuracy. I thought maybe it didn't like plated bullets. I switched to jacket hollow points and not much better. I use CFE pistol and it is dirty! One thing I noticed is it seemed much more accurate after cleaning. But went back to mediocre very quickly. This latest test off the rest was right after a barrel cleaning.....

I will check everything over for damage when I get home from work tonight.

Thanks for the suggestions!