Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity Aluminum Grip

ShadoFann

Just ordered a Phoenix Trinity Aluminum Grip with the regular texture. Any feedback from those of you that use one on their open gun? How do they compare to the other brands? If you could do it over again would you change the texture? Would you go with the stainless steel or the titanium?

My reason for going with a metal grip is when I do a mag change, I squeeze the crap out of the STI polymer grip and the mag won't fall out. Only happens in a match and never when I practice or dry fire. I'm hoping this fixes my problem. Anyone else have that problem and used this solution to fix it?

Edited by ShadoFann

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have the steel grip and love it. About the mag changes...you have to make sure you put the new mag in the grip just right. If you twist the mag too much, you will get it lodged and it's tough to get it out. Once you get some dry fire and live fire with it, you should be okay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just line the mag up and its fine. there is a lot more room in these grips so the mag is looser. I found the plastic one to drag as well. I have both. a SS with a regular grip that I made into an aggressive texture and an alum that came with the aggressive texture. the alum fits tighter to the frame, enough that have to tap it on. the steel just slid on. now I am running the alum with a ti comp.

fabulous products and customer service. I just don't understand how they can make a grip fit so perfectly for a frame they don't have on hand. jm2c

Is that the aggressive level of texturing or the regular?

Looking at his first picture, that is the standard texturing. On the aggressive, the pockets intersect leaving little triangles in between - ala "the triangles of doom." :goof:

Just ordered a Phoenix Trinity Aluminum Grip with the regular texture. Any feedback from those of you that use one on their open gun? How do they compare to the other brands? If you could do it over again would you change the texture? Would you go with the stainless steel or the titanium?

My reason for going with a metal grip is when I do a mag change, I squeeze the crap out of the STI polymer grip and the mag won't fall out. Only happens in a match and never when I practice or dry fire. I'm hoping this fixes my problem. Anyone else have that problem and used this solution to fix it?

I've had one for a long time. The regular texture is not very aggressive.

I have the aggressive, and just love it. After some period of not shooting, it hurts very lightly the first couple of times you practice, but then you stop noticing it, it feels perfectly natural, so I would say - go for it!

I have the aggressive, and just love it. After some period of not shooting, it hurts very lightly the first couple of times you practice, but then you stop noticing it, it feels perfectly natural, so I would say - go for it!

Lets see you aggressive texture pic.

Thanks

Here is mine, Aluminum Aggressive texture with black cerakote.

Sorry for the terrible photography.

I suck at more than just shooting.

post-5926-0-31916000-1404757758_thumb.jp

post-5926-0-68006100-1404757892_thumb.jp

Edited by amp

aggressive texture aluminum

I think I would rather have had regular texture. I am going to try to sand blast it a little to reduce texture.

PT makes a very nice grip.

I have the regular. I have felt the agressive, but never shot a gun with the aggessive. For me, a texture somewhere in between would be right I think.

I've shot around 8k of 9 Major and the grip is great. Great grip.

We have standard aluminum on the Mrs' open blaster and aggressive on my limited. When she first saw the aggressive she said it was way to much and she only wanted standard texture, but I think in retrospect she might have gone for aggressive after-all. While the standard is nice, I'm not sure its a huge improvement over skate tape and its no where near as locked in your grip as the aggressive. You can also go for a middle of the road option; PT will be happy to bead-blast an aggressive grip to take the edge off a bit; this is what the Mrs' next open build will get. Its still very grippy, but not quite as likely to rip your hand open if you have to adjust your grip on a bad draw/table start.

-424D57

Thanks for all the feedback and the pictures. I think I'll be happy with the standard texture. Looking forward to getting it on my gun and to start shooting it.

I have heard of some occasional binding when seating a mag if not inserted just right but my issue is squeezing the plastic grip to hard causing the mag to stick in the grip when dropping a mag. I'm thinking the metal grip will fix that problem for me. I realize that I should be able to fix my problem with some dry fire practice but hours of perfect dry fire mag change practice has not fixed the occasional problem in matches.