Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2 Thumbs up for Johnny Glocks trigger kit

igolfat8

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cut the guy some slack ... he's just trying to share a positive experience. There are lots of Glock trigger options out there and Johhny Glock's is just one of many. I too have tried many of the others as have been mentioned and also JG's. I also had a very positive experience dealing with JG's and his trigger is by far the best that I have ever used in my G35. Add me as another positive supporter of JG's triggers.

I have a JG trigger in my Prod G35 gen 3 and it is great. My gun came to me from

Cameron Custom (it belonged to their gunsmith). The trigger was already set at

2.5#'s, but still had the normal Glock pre-travel and reset. After putting in the JG

Trigger the pre-travel is almost gone and the reset is great and the trigger is just

a little below 2.5#'s. Its a great trigger system………………...

Sparky

Guest beyond3

the thing about Johnny is he just puts so much genuine passion into what he does you feel absolutely compelled to tell everyone about it. it's interesting that all the naysayers mention is that there is no way to purchase triggers his site. They never mention how specific and concise his web copy actually is.He breaks down each of his groups by design intention,action description as well as physical modifications and enhancements. It's like nothing that's out there or has ever been out there. After speaking with him he purposely has no shopping cart so potential clients must call. This way he can gather the information needed to custom configure and calibrate the group. I had no idea that the information he was asking for was even possible with a striker fired system. Pre travel is a no brainer but different Wall purchase feels like yeilding, articulated, diminished resistive and of course solid then different break feels other than just crisp and clean, and the characteristics of reset speeds positive or neutral, reset feels of palpable pop or understated click and pairing those up with lengths. He explains the terminology what it means to him and how it reflected in your Glock and effects your shooting. Then when it is delivered it's a simple drop in process a long with a personal letter on how to achieve the different feels by using spring tension as well as what other weight springs will achieve.for me he stated the 4.5 pound striker spring would create a very solid predictable wall and achieve the glass break I wanted but if I dropped the four pound in the wall would be moderate the break not as predictable and have more of a slight roll to it as well as how both of those would effect reset. This is just one example of the many differences between Johnny and the rest of the pack. also none of the other trigger companies have the YouTube presents and channel that he does. It just instills a lot of confidence in him because he is so articulate and knowledgeable what he does and why he's doing it. You can tell without a doubt he knows the system through and through.

What is comical about this last post is the poster.... Folks, if you are going to have alternate screen names, then don't forget who you have talked to under that screen name in a PM in the past... its not good to try to deceive folks.

Some food for thought.

Please feel free to share those other usernames......FWIW, there are a lot of "no real name" low post people, posting in this thread.

Guest beyond3

Once again don't acknowledge any of the content of my post just go for the burn. There is nothing deceptive or untrue about anything I have posted. Like I said all it takes is phone call and if you don't become a convert at least you'll get an REAL account of what Johnny is all about and if jumpin jack Schmitt him self would ever muster the stones to call he could get an education as well as lesson in ethical conduct.

I'll post my experience since there seems to be a little bit of doubt on validity. I don't post much but I've been around a while so I hope that buys me some credibility. I bought one for myself quite a few months ago. I liked it a lot. Johnny did spend 30 minutes on the phone with me discussing its use etc. I was impressed.

The trigger group is really good. My brother bought the newest one he started advertising and got it in today. It's even better. Really light. The trigger gauge said 2.5 lbs but it's a cheap POS and it honestly feels lighter. Almost no pretravel or overtravel. Just a great trigger.

Anyway, thought I'd chime in on this lovely "discussion".

Guest beyond3

Just to enlighten I am JG brother in law and PAST employee. Well I guess employee would infer I was paid so let's just say I helped out with social media aspect here & there. He and I never really hit it off but I am impressed by his trigger designs as well as his forward thinking with small business customization.. The fact he speaks with every single client is testimony to his authenticity. The only PM I sent out was to forward a letter from Johnny to another after market trigger company owner concerning the other Johnny Glocks review thread started by dirtman. JG felt his insinuation that he was "PAYING" his clients to leave reviews was undoubtedly slanderous. JG communicated that he would very much like to resolve this issue in a "gentlemanly fasion" and move forward to a more healthy competitive relationship as JG had the insight to predict exactly what is now transpiring. This will be my last post as I am following a directive that suggested I terminate this screen name. As I have stated several times in the past just give him a ring and decide for yourself.

Alright guys, I just got back home to good ole NC and ran out to the range after work today to test out the new trigger. This is my first time putting rounds down range with this new trigger group and it did not disappoint. I ran 2 drills, the plate rack at 10 yards and a Bill drill (7 yards) and I set a personal best on both of them on my very first runs. The exciting thing about that is I know I will go faster as I learn the new reset point. I'm not at all familiar with the new short stroke and reset so I anticipate better times once I get more time behind the trigger.

I figure video is worth 10,000 words so here you go.

Edited by Austringer

Thanks RangerTrace. I'm really looking forward to the local matches this weekend. Even though I expect it'll take me about 2 weeks before the new pull and reset are completely comfortable to me, it's already helping my shooting now. You can try mine if you wait until next year. I'll be 2 hours from you in Paris TX on Apr. 23rd - 26th.

Has anyone noticed that there has never been a negative review or post about Johnny Glocks triggers? We have some of the best skeptics and sour grape posters that the world has ever produced on this forum but not a single negative word from anyone who has actually purchased from JG. I guess the next post will claim the video above was somehow faked or is meaningless or Austringer has been paid to promote this product. There is an old saying that perception is reality and I can tell you from experience that "Crow" is not that tasty.

AGAIN; Its (NOT) the bow, or the arrow, or the trigger. Just flat out nice shooting OUCH :v)

I think the guy just tried to tell you/us that the trigger did help him improve his times. I can guarantee you that if I shoot those drills with my ZEV and then again with my 5.4 Infinity Sight Tracker, my times will be better with the Infinity. So, in some cases I do believe the arrow can make a difference.

Alright guys, I just got back home to good ole NC and ran out to the range after work today to test out the new trigger. This is my first time putting rounds down range with this new trigger group and it did not disappoint. I ran 2 drills, the plate rack at 10 yards and a Bill drill (7 yards) and I set a personal best on both of them on my very first runs. The exciting thing about that is I know I will go faster as I learn the new reset point. I'm not at all familiar with the new short stroke and reset so I anticipate better times once I get more time behind the trigger.

I figure video is worth 10,000 words so here you go.

What holster is that you're using for your 34/35? (Very nice shooting, BTW)

Edited by JDW174

Hey guys, Johnny just uploaded an impromptu interview that he did with me right after finishing the trigger job. I thought some of you might like to check it out:

I just shot my first match with it tonight and posted some of my best scores yet. I'm loving this thing!

-Chad

(Austringer)

Guest JustJohnny

Funny guys I'll have you all know did have my state license for cosmetology (that's people that cut hair) I could be more on top of that but I'm a little busy running a business. As for my nose it's 80% titanium from a argument I had with a bridge tower in the strip district of Pittsburgh. It was fixed quite well until me and my 9 year old son took flight from opposite directions trying to be first to recover the duck tape sledgehammer we were bludgeoning each other with. He dove from a blind spot and all I saw was the top of his head then stars then a very warm sensation on my face. No MD has had the proper responce. If a Doctor sounds iffy I'm out of there. My wife doesn't mind in fact says it gives some character so who else is there to impress. My dad has uses the same firecracker joke since I've been 15.