Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2014 results

abmoodie

Hello, A little over 200 entries for the World Champ match, and over 350 entries for the West Coast match. There is something wrong with that picture. The west coast match was filled to overfull in every class, the world shoot had multiple classes with single digit entries.

I would like to shoot both matches next year, a extended vacation kept me from both this year.

regards, Karl @ GT

Carlos-

I do not understand the reasoning behind your harsh words and negativism- YOU DID NOT EVEN ATTEND THE BRILEY WCSC, NOR DID I SEE YOU AT THE STEEL CHALLENGE IN UTAH EITHER. So please let us all know what is the rational, informed & valid basis for your displeasure & unhappiness with our event.

The 2014 Briley WCSC hosted over 350 entries, including 20 juniors, 25 ladies and multiple entire families. Over $121,000 in prizes (including 40 firearms), generously provided by 86 sponsoring companies, were distributed by random drawing to each & every competitor. Firearms & higher end prizes were won by both higher skilled shooters and first time competitors (Do you think that this gives those newbies incentive to come back & compete again and help grow our sport?)

The Briley WCSC also hosted fun and very successful fund raising side events for both the CA Rifle & Pistol Assn. and CalGuns Sport Shooting Assn., two organizations fighting for YOUR gun rights in CA.

The 7 new West Coast Steel stages provided fresh challenges & difficulties not previously encountered in other events. The level of competition was VERY high and Logan Fowler displayed an incredible performance of shooting skills to win the match.

Everyone had a great time, left with a full stomach (courtesy of the Tacos Don Chente Mexican food provided by Mixon Targets), some pretty nice prizes, and most importantly, a big smile and fond memories.

It is puzzling, unfortunate & disappointing that your perspective is not the same as those who actually attended the Briley WCSC and that you choose to express it in such a negative & public fashion.

Jim

Edited by Jim O'Young

I shot the the stages in practice at piru, it was hart breaking everything I love about the steel challenge ones was gone.

The new stage don't require any skill and re enforce bad habits.

There's not a single tight shot int the match.

They're all burners, throw the gun up dog slap the crap out of the trigger.

I'm sorry I hurt your feelings bud, but I'm more than entitled to my opinion.

By the way who do you care so much that I don't like your match?

By the way I love steel challenge, and I think ken Nelson runs a great match. He post results a timely matter and keep the emphasis on competition while still keeping matches accessible to less experienced shooters.

That guy is a fantastic match director and I wish could shoot all his matches in a regular basis.

Edited by carlosa

Carlos-

Especially on this 4th of July, in this country of the USA, you are certainly entitled to have your own opinion as well as choose the matches you attend, the Briley WCSC NOT being among your choices.

The new WCSC stages were designed to be iron sight & new shooter friendly; in fact, Logan Fowler won the match with an iron sighted Glock!! As an experienced steel shooter, I'm sure you know that there are NO easy targets; you just go faster.

And yes, Ken Nelson and his staff put on a great event. You should definitely make the trip to Utah and shoot there as much as possible.

Jim