Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carbon Arms Gas Hog

Zoomy

Mark, I'm pretty sure there isn't cause I can't see it in the pic...but can you confirm that there is no high pressure expansion chamber in this comp???

I run a JP right now because I also shoot the rifle over the river in NJ and to keep it compliant I have to have the comp pinned and because if that the expansion chambers are no good..because of the carbon buildup that I would not be able to clean out on a regular basis. but your design looks nice and open which would make cleaning the muzzle really easy with the comp installed.

No high pressure expansion chamber. However, there will be a little bit of 1/2" cylinder before the trumpet. Just no good way to make it fit every length/crown without some small gap. I pinned one for a local guy a few weeks ago by facing off the back of the comp and basically timing it to eliminate any gap. I have close to 10K through the original one and have not cleaned it...no carbon peels. :)

Most of the huge carbon build up in the comps with the high pressure chamber is due to the top side ports. With no hole except the entrance and exit, the carbon build up issue is significantly reduced, if not completely mitigated.

Edited by MarkCO

^^^^ that's what I was hoping you'd say. the lack of carbon building is an awesome addition though...that would mean a lot to me since the comp has to be pinned. i'll be ordering one at some point.

thanks Mark!

Out of curiosity on the issue of pinned comps, how much harm would it come from just sticking the thing in a cup of solvent for a few minutes now and then and shaking it out?

Out of curiosity on the issue of pinned comps, how much harm would it come from just sticking the thing in a cup of solvent for a few minutes now and then and shaking it out?

As long as you get the solvent out and there are no loose parts left, nothing. I use the GunSlick Pro foaming bore cleaner normally. Let sit for 30 minutes, flush it out, then hit it with compressed air and go get it dirty again. With the quality of the stainless steel and heat treat of these, they will likely outlast a barrel. :)

Mark,

Now that there are pictures of your hog on the internet, and you are selling it to anyone who can muster up a couple of bucks, you come out and say that it is cool to dip it into solvent? That is just too much, keep that hog under wraps, before too long people will be screwing it on everything.