Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3 Stock IIIs on Gunbroker

butro

All from one guy - Tony's Custom Creations in OK. All at $1000 (fixed price buy it now) in 30 day sales. One in 45, one in 40, one in 38 super.

Buuuuuuut, all three listings have the exact same pictures.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All from one guy - Tony's Custom Creations in OK. All at $1000 (fixed price buy it now) in 30 day sales. One in 45, one in 40, one in 38 super.

Buuuuuuut, all three listings have the exact same pictures.

Sounds legit. But if not, why not get the best payday by listing a 9mm one? Or would we not trust it unless we saw the slide?

I had thought about that

Tempted to buy the 40. Do we know definitively if we can drop in a 9mm barrel and magazine and have it run reliably?

Wouldn't be Production legal, so what for?

I'd convert the 40 to SAO and use it as a Limited gun.

I had thought about that, but why wouldnt you get a limited instead or just shoot 40 minor?

I had thought about that

Tempted to buy the 40. Do we know definitively if we can drop in a 9mm barrel and magazine and have it run reliably?

I had thought about that, but why wouldnt you get a limited instead or just shoot 40 minor?

I just got a Stock III and will be shooting .40 minor in Production. I think it will be a soft shooter and I still have my Stock I & II in 9mm that I can use if I don't like the transition and will make the III a limited gun

Sent from my flux capacitor

I don't shoot competitively, so it would just be for plinking and HD. But alas, Jim Bodkin confirmed that a 9mm barrel and magazine won't work in a 40 Stock 3 because different breach face.

But you guys think a 9mm limited slide assembly would work on a 40 Stock 3 frame? Hmm, does EAA sell 9mm limited slide assemblies?

Jim Bodkin confirmed that a 9mm barrel and magazine won't work in a 40 Stock 3 because different breach face

I respect Jim, the 40 breech face is larger than a 9mm breech face, but I have shot a 9mm barrel in a 40 slide without incident (a friend has shoots like this full time, lots of rounds, no problems); many have theorized extraction problems, but I have never seen them in practice.

But you guys think a 9mm limited slide assembly would work on a 40 Stock 3 frame?

Yes

does EAA sell 9mm limited slide assemblies?

Yes, when they have them in stock. Last time I checked they wanted something like $1,170 :surprise:

The best way to get a different caliber is in trade, post in the Chop Shop! :cheers:

Doesn't the Stock III have a longer dust cover than the Limited?

The same. Some early specs said 5" barrel, but it's really 4.75" from what I've seen.

Ok, yeah every length number I've seen says 4.93"

Jim Bodkin confirmed that a 9mm barrel and magazine won't work in a 40 Stock 3 because different breach face

I respect Jim, the 40 breech face is larger than a 9mm breech face, but I have shot a 9mm barrel in a 40 slide without incident (a friend has shoots like this full time, lots of rounds, no problems); many have theorized extraction problems, but I have never seen them in practice.

But you guys think a 9mm limited slide assembly would work on a 40 Stock 3 frame?

Yes

does EAA sell 9mm limited slide assemblies?

Yes, when they have them in stock. Last time I checked they wanted something like $1,170 :surprise:

The best way to get a different caliber is in trade, post in the Chop Shop! :cheers:

I got a Stock III in 45 from Jim James a few weeks back. I really wanted the unicorn but I settled on buying a Limited slide in 9mm for about 500-600 (can't remember exactly). Jim has confirmed the fit, so one frame, 2 calibers = fun.

Honestly, I just really want to see it, hold it and shoot it. Being overseas while the gun is paid for and waiting at your FFL is a tease.

John this would be awesome!

Is it definite that 9mm barrel should drop into 38 super with no issues? How difficult is it to source a 9mm barrel? Very tempted.

Yes, the 9mm slide is exactly the same as a 38 super slide, a Stock III uses straight long slide (4.75") barrel, so it should be obtainable from EAA, although a 38 super Stock III with a 9mm barrel is not Production legal.