Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 34 VS Stock 2

Onepocket

I am 100% convinced the best rig is the one in your safe (or wherever). Every option has it's pluses and minuses but just shoot the darn things and get good with it- unless you are supra-GM the negatives will not be that big of a player in your game, especially in production.

Now if you have money burning a hole in your pocket, go for it! But having a 34/pro/xdm is not going to hurt your game in comparison to a EAA/CZ.

If you were arguing a 35 to a 2011 in limited, there might be an argument for the benefits in the gun itself. But there have been a couple 35s that have won titles (that matter), just like 34s.

As a mentor of mine says "it's often the indian, not the arrow"

That's my thoughts.

I have used CZ's and now Glocks in competition. I switched to the Glock after testing it out because it seems to work better for me. Less weight is not an issue because of the kind of grip I can get on the Glock compared to the CZ. With the CZ and Tanfo you are relying on weight a little more to help with recoil management. Plus Glocks are cheap, easy to find, and have a huge aftermarket.

In the end it is what works best for you and the one that gives you confidence that you can make any shot in any stage.

There is very little difference between any of the guns used in production. VERY little difference. Sometimes, a small difference can make a significant benefit to a shooter due primarily to physical limitations, but this is RARE in my opinion. After owning a lot of production-legal guns, I have come to the conclusion that I will shoot the gun that I have the most emotional connection to. In other words, I shoot what I like and want to be shooting. A gun I think is bad ass inspires me to practice more, shoot more matches, handle it more. As a result, I shoot it better and place better. So, just find what really lights your fire and shoot that.

There is very little difference between any of the guns used in production. VERY little difference. Sometimes, a small difference can make a significant benefit to a shooter due primarily to physical limitations, but this is RARE in my opinion. After owning a lot of production-legal guns, I have come to the conclusion that I will shoot the gun that I have the most emotional connection to. In other words, I shoot what I like and want to be shooting. A gun I think is bad ass inspires me to practice more, shoot more matches, handle it more. As a result, I shoot it better and place better. So, just find what really lights your fire and shoot that.

I think you can be competitive at the highest levels with the right CZ, Tanfoglio, M&P, or Glock as long an you can get a good trigger on it. There are a few others that look like they have a lot on potential too but as of now I would feel comfortable competing with any of the above. Just pick a platform and go practice.

Edited by alma

I've been shooting a G17 w/Ghost Edge trigger and other mods. Just completed trigger job on a new CZ 75 SP-01 and have about 500 rounds of practice. Will shoot my first USPSA match in a couple of weeks. Will report back if I think the new "arrow" makes a better Indian!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It really comes down to what you like.

The stock II has a lot going for it but so does the Glock 34.

Stock II Pros/cons and features

*Heavy. As a result, there is very little felt recoil in the hand

*Pig nose. There is alot of weight out front which some people like and some people dont. Due to all of the muzzle weight you get less muzzle climb with LESS grip effort. The guns track the same IF you're able to grip the Glock nice and hard. The Stock II requires LESS effort to shoot well because of its weight.

*Decent DA trigger, very good SA trigger. Most people love the light SA triggers because they can slap the shit out of them.

*Huge magwell

*Very reliable once you get the trigger situation sorted out

*Readily available mags at decent prices

*HIGH price of entry and availability is terrible

*Spare parts situation blows donkey balls. For Tanfoglio parts you need to go to EAA and they're pretty terrible.

Glock Pros/Cons and features

*Great cost of entry. They're everywhere, they're affordable and they're pretty much always going to be at your local gunstore.

*Excellent recoil impulse provided you can grip the gun adequately. With the proper load and the proper recoil spring the guns shoot like pussy cats but DO require a firmer grip.

*Spare parts are beyond plentiful.

*Magazines are beyond cheap and are also plentiful.

*The lighter weight of the gun allows easier transitions and FEELS good.

*The grip is fantastic IF you dont mind the grip angle.

*The pistols are about as durable and reliable as a pistol gets.

*The triggers are workable and there are a ton of options for these guns.

*A multitude of sight options are available.

For ME, i prefer a lighter gun as it makes transitioning easier and i find that the added weight of the pistol itself does little improve my match scores. If i was going to sit in one place and run bill drills all day i would absolutely love and adore a stock II but the reality is, my game sucks. I need to improve on my stage planning, my target transitions and moving with the gun. The lighter gun gives me confidence to do this.

To each their own.

Nicely written....the asking price of S2/CZ is getting ridiculous. Though, if people are willing to pay, then the price is fair.

It really comes down to what you like.

The stock II has a lot going for it but so does the Glock 34.

Stock II Pros/cons and features

*Heavy. As a result, there is very little felt recoil in the hand

*Pig nose. There is alot of weight out front which some people like and some people dont. Due to all of the muzzle weight you get less muzzle climb with LESS grip effort. The guns track the same IF you're able to grip the Glock nice and hard. The Stock II requires LESS effort to shoot well because of its weight.

*Decent DA trigger, very good SA trigger. Most people love the light SA triggers because they can slap the shit out of them.

*Huge magwell

*Very reliable once you get the trigger situation sorted out

*Readily available mags at decent prices

*HIGH price of entry and availability is terrible

*Spare parts situation blows donkey balls. For Tanfoglio parts you need to go to EAA and they're pretty terrible.

Glock Pros/Cons and features

*Great cost of entry. They're everywhere, they're affordable and they're pretty much always going to be at your local gunstore.

*Excellent recoil impulse provided you can grip the gun adequately. With the proper load and the proper recoil spring the guns shoot like pussy cats but DO require a firmer grip.

*Spare parts are beyond plentiful.

*Magazines are beyond cheap and are also plentiful.

*The lighter weight of the gun allows easier transitions and FEELS good.

*The grip is fantastic IF you dont mind the grip angle.

*The pistols are about as durable and reliable as a pistol gets.

*The triggers are workable and there are a ton of options for these guns.

*A multitude of sight options are available.

For ME, i prefer a lighter gun as it makes transitioning easier and i find that the added weight of the pistol itself does little improve my match scores. If i was going to sit in one place and run bill drills all day i would absolutely love and adore a stock II but the reality is, my game sucks. I need to improve on my stage planning, my target transitions and moving with the gun. The lighter gun gives me confidence to do this.

To each their own.

The very best gun is always the one you are looking at buying next.

In a few days I will have all three - 34, shadow, and SII. I will bet you that I can shoot all three pretty much equally as well.

Too many people forget that for $400 you can get a steel Witness which has the same trigger potential as the Stock II with a little less weight at the muzzle.

Or an SP01 for $600; I love to let Shadow owners feel my SP01 trigger with the FPB in place :)

Edited by kneelingatlas

Too many people forget that for $400 you can get a steel Witness which has the same trigger potential as the Stock II with a little less weight at the muzzle.

Or an SP01 for $600; I love to let Shadow owners feel my SP01 trigger with the FPB in place :)

Agreed.

People however want to go for the perceived hotness.

The thing that sucks about the steel witness are the lack of sight options unless im missing something?

The CZ rear dovetail is only 0.3mm larger, so get a file and go to work! The front is part of the slide so if you want one of those cute little red dots, you'll have to do more filing... It's actually pretty easy to cross cut a dovetail for a 1911 front sight with hand files.